wrong characters

gilkjde

Anyone has any knowledge in JDE running on AIX servers?

The thing is that some characters are replaced by some other characters when inserting data in the database.

For example:
ç is replaced by ?
á is replaced by ?
ã is replaced by ?

Here are some useful information for the AIX BOX:
code set: iso8859-1
locale: pt_PT

the JDE.INI file used to have:
; LocalCodeSet=WE_ISO88591
But we changed for
LocalCodeSet=ISO8859-1

No chances where noticed.

It's important to say that we tried to insert data using sql plus in the database (from windows stations and from the AIX box) and the error does not occur.
Any ideia would be helpful.

Thanks,
Gilk
[shocked]

I'm not sure whether this will help, but we are getting similar problems with the mail merge facility within the HRM Recruitment module. It turned out to be a character set conflict with our Oracle database on the enterprise server, an RS6000 running AIX. We have not fixed it as a new mail merge ESU is supposed to avoid the problem.

Thanks for the hint peterbruce...
Actually, we solved the problem yesterday... Here is what happened (It may be useful for other people):
1- First, as I said, we changed the OS language to pt_PT. Turned out that what was 10 dolars, turned into 10 billion dolars in our database. Not a big deal, agree?
To avoid that, we changed back to en_US.
2- Finally, people noticed that some fonts (Times new roman) were missing in the jde directory. We copied these fonts to that directory, restarted JDE, and everything went well.

Thanks,
Gilk

Did it happen on every field that has those characters in it or just a few?
where i am now it only happens on one field on the web

Back