Update 6 or 7

docprakash

We are planning to implement update 6 or 7 & we are currently on Xe update 2. There are 60% customization done.
Please provide me with detais if you have already completed or planning the update.

We completed update 6 / sp 20 from update 2 / sp 16.1 a couple of months ago. With thorough testing and good retrofits documentation, you should be fine. There are some new bugs introduced in update 6 that you might want to be aware of - off the top of my head, dates on financial reports are incorrect - the fix for this is to a business function and is in update 7, and some code behind the P0472 is missing and will have to be re-added manually, again fixed in update 7. There were a few others, but I do not currently have access to our Issues Log where we recorded them. The update definitely fixed some of our issues, but several remain, to be fixed (we hope) in update 7.

Hi,

I would suggest that you put down update 7. If you read Shelley's reply, you can see that you are going to have to put a few more ESU's. Second, update 7 contains the baseline ESU's.

Have fun.

Just wanted to make a correction to my post above - I got the program ID wrong. It's actually the P04572W that was missing code in update 6. Sorry for any confusion.

Back