why spec file damaged

bee

[cool]

hi,list,

recently, our terminal server occurs for sometime that the spec file being damaged.for example ,today ,the dddict.xdb file size changed to 0.so the terminal user can't use oneworld anymore. i copy a dddict.ddb and dddict.xdb from another oneworld spec directory, and solve the problem .but what cause the spec file damaged?

i know that when users are using terminal server, and we install the update package,the spec may being damage ,or when we check in and check out on terminal server when user using cause this problem.but i have check ,no one do it .

and i found one thing ,that it seems out terminal server is using up it's memory ,is that it cause the spec file damage? should i restart our terminal server everyday?

who can give me some advice?thanks in advance.

bee

Bee,

Ther could be a number of issues that may be related to your issues.

For the Spec issues:-
1. Make sure you have adequate space on the Drive JDE is installed on
2. Turn of JITI on those Environments if you are using W env if not to avoid JTIT make sure you always have a full set if DD and global tables
3. Make sure your PDF's are not stored on you temina servers they just take up lots of space.
4. Do you have any other applications running on your JDE Terminal Servers.

For the Memory issues
1. Make sure that you have you server page file set adequately and is set to a drive with enough space.
2. Check the firmware on your servers, make sure they are up to date
3. Check with Citrix to see if there are any hot fixes for the issue
4. verify that you are on the current SP level for Terminal server, that JDE and Citrix approves
5. Check your Citrix feature release.

Hope this gives you some ideas

Back