W2000 Security Updates

pianosynth

Reputable Poster
We have a list of security updates and service packs we need to apply to the w2000 OS on our DS and Citrix servers. Has anyone applied the following and would you please share any experiences you had with them?

Service Pack 3,
MS02Cumulative Patch for Windows Media,
MS02SMB Denial of Service hotfix,
MS02Certificate spoofing hotfix,
MS02IIS security rollup package,
MS02MDAC and IIS hotfix,
MS02Security Update for Microsoft,
MS02Flaw in Microsoft VM Could Enable System Compromise ,
MS02Flaw in Windows WM_TIMER,
MS03Unchecked Buffer in Locator Service

For applying Windows fixes you need to make sure JDE says it is ok. For Citrix servers you really need to check Citrix to verify that they certified the windows fixes and that you have all the citrix hot fixes that are relevant to the windows fixes. Generally we don't apply too many fixes to the servers unless it is really needed. If I were you I would only do the SP 3 and any fix that is directly related to the service pack. Since you servers are not used for normal processing there is no need to update media files or anything od that nature. Just the current SP that JDE and Citrix certifies and internet explored 6.0 SP 1 will do you just fine for your servers. For you workstations it really does not matter.

How did you find out that W2K SP 3 isn't supported till SP 21?

Thanks,
Joanna
OW XE SP20

Re: RE: W2000 Security Updates

Check the Minimun Technical Requirements on the Knowledge Garden.

Joanna :

It's on KG, under OneWorld, MTR.

Regards, Sebastian Sajaroff

Re: RE: W2000 Security Updates

Also, since this has the potential for a very large impact, I called JDE tech support. They verified that SP3 and all of the other patches mentioned in my original post required JDE SP21.

Back