Install Central Object in Db2

myehia

[frown] We are installing ERP 8 on DB2 UDB version 8.0 with Windows 2000. When we run the Central object load script the process load all tables but the table F98741.There is a notification message said "SQL0968C The File System Is Full" could any one help us to resolve this issue. And by the way thy said in the installation manual that you should increase the table space container but thy don’t say how much and to which db.

Did anybody find a reason on why "File System is Full" happens?

Thank you,

You are going to have to create additional containers in the Central Objects tablespaces. The IBM docs in Help/Information Center should explain this.

Note: DB2/UDB is *not* ready for primetime and I hope you understand what you are getting into by installing your ERP system on a RDBMS for which you do not have a dBA on staff for. It is a very difficult system to administer and is *not* as maintenance free as SQL Server nor are admin functions intuitive.

I'd argue that DB2 is *READY* for primetime. It's got the same admin overhead as Oracle. As for MS SQL Server.........does anyone actually consider this a DBMS? (I know - them's fighting words).

I've got a few customers running DB2/UDB for Windows on Intel. Some are on 7.2 (still) and others are on 8.0. I've run it on ERP 8.0 and EnterpriseOne 8.9 with no database issues.

DB2 includes many more tools and utilities than SQL server does. The online info is pretty good as well. True it's not as idiot proof as SQL Server but the cost is right (free with Tech Foundation).

Before you load Central Objects add atleast 2 containers to each table space used by Central Objects. PSFT Support can walk you through this or you can read the online docs. The DB2 logs will also tell you a whole lot.

Here are some JDE docs that you might find usefull:

OTI-02-0086
OTI-03-0119
GSSTF-03-0578
GSSTF-03-0564

Lemme know how the battle goes.

I'll send you a step by step install doc for DB2/UDB. It's for 7.2 but a good place to start. (sorry it's late and I can't figure out how to attach).

Colin

I am not going to get into a holy war with you on this. The statement about SQL is just silly.

UDB is not easily managed and an organization that does not have an experienced dBA should realize what they are getting into.

eh.......my bad. Just reminiscing of the old days and the great 'W' vs. 'non-W' environments and trying to rekindle the fiery emotions.

You're DB2 and Oracle need someone with DBA skills. SQL........well it's Microsoft and theres a reason Bill Gates has so much $$$ he makes it simple and makes it work.

Hi Kara,
Hi Colin,

I liked the easiness of MSSQL Server, but IBM's DB2 UDB seems to be here to stay (especially with the Linux support that's going to get); meanwhile, I have to prevent this "File Syste is Full" from happening, again.

Thank you both,

Hi Colin,
I can't get the last two GSSTF documents (but I was able to retrieve the first two).
Hardly wait for the install doc.

Thank YOU very, very much,

Eh....doc's okay. Just makes sense of the JDE manual.

Anyways how do I attach ot upload it? Seems to me that you could do this before but I don't see the magic button now.

Colin

You have to PREVIEW your post - then the magic ATTACH button appears....

Where are you Sir? Two hours AHEAD of me? Definitely NOT in Ontario.
As Jon was saying, you have to have the last check-box "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" on.
Thank you ALL,

Adrian........don't know what's up with the time thing - I'm in Toronto. I like that DB2 in your signature. What version? DB2 8.0 I assume? Did you upgrade from DB2 7.2 or install DB2 8.0?

Anyways I've attached my doc. Hope it was worth the wait.

Colin

Attachments

• 80555-DB2 Notes.zip
    217.7 KB · Views: 110
Hi Colin,
It's Montevideo's time zone :cool:

No, we didn't upgrade to DB2 8.0 - still on 7.2, since last year's Go Live.
Many thanks for your docs!
PS Hope to see you, when you have some time for a beer or two; we'll find a place - I work in Concord!

Back