One World and World on the same AS/400

vasuvv2300

Hi List,

We have client who is running both world and one world. This is not co-existence. We take an example of parent company running One world on NT/SQL server on an ASP model and it subsidaries is using world software. The client would like to bring the One world on to the same AS/400 box where the world software is currently running.

My question is

can World and One world run out of the same AS/400? Is there something called as a logical partition which will make it work?

I am sure some of you CNC consultants will be able to answer.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

In short...yes...you can. I'm sure you could certainly employ logical
partitioning...though it works without as well.

Jim
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:19:49 -0800 (PST) vasuvv2300 <[email protected]>
writes:

We have client who is running both world and one world.

My question is

can World and One world run

I am sure some of you CNC

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jim's right. You should have no problem doing this with or without a Logical Partition (LPAR).

One thing to be wary of is the sizing. If that World box is not prepared to deal with the huge change in batch processing, they may be very unhappy with the performance.

Regards,

You might not want to set up a logical partition for this - since the resources for the AS400 would be split between the logical machines, and would not be shareable. In effect, purchasing 2 AS/400's might actually work out better and cheaper !

If you are not setting up co-existence, then as long as all of your libraries are identified uniquely, I cannot see how OneWorld and World cannot sit on the same box at the same time - I have certainly set up my share of co-existent environments over the years, and also set up implementations the same way that you are suggesting - you just need to be careful about the library names when you create the plan.

The point of not going with a logical partition is purely that if you ever DID want to transfer data between the two AS/400's - or coexist some of the tables, you would find it more difficult if the libraries were not situated on the same machine.

Just my tuppence worth !

Back