multifoundation and package build

jaisejames

Well Known Member
Hi I am looking fo rsome answer here regarding multi foundation . I am trying to implement multi foundation for each envionrment ( basically each environemtn will have its own ddp directory and its own jde.ini and services. Now the question arises how do i handle package build and deployment for this type of setting. any help will be highly appreciated

jaise,

A) why would you want to have each environment against a different SP LEvel? Over here we think a max. of 2 different sp levels is good enough. When testing the new one in DV/PY the PD is still on the old one and when testing was found okay pd will go to the same sp level and all are on the same level again so we go back so a single Foundation untill the need for a new sp is raised. But that's how we think about it.

B) When building full/update package and deploying those make sure the jde.ini on de Deployment server has the right port number in it for that environment. Otherwise it will try to build against a wrong foundation and when trying to deploy it you will get a whole lot of
problems as signatures and sepcs may get corrupted. SO always make sure the Deployment Servers JDE.INI has the right portnumber.
Or of course the fat client if you build it on that one.

Hi Richard,

I am not testing SP . I have requirement where i have to make changes to jde.in ( we are implementing webmethods) But it is interfering with a important batch process which we have to run daily ( more importatn than any thing company comes to stand still if we dont run this). Now interop group from edwards want us to implement multifoundation so that we can have jde.ini fo dv and test web mether changes ther without affecting PD.

Jaise,

I can understand where the InterOp team at J.D. Edwards is coming from. It is still rather difficult, and not recommended to run multiple foundations for all environments. The purpose for multi-foundation is that J.D. Edwards customers implement the 2nd foundation against a non-production environment. Is there some way to test the implementation of WebMethods against PY and/or DV? This way the need for multi-foundation is isolated to one environment, or at least is not against PD?

Aha jaise, I see. Well with web implementation we have no experience i'm afraid. not yet that is. Maybe we'll start in a few months with a pilot for a few users to see how that goes.

Not affecting the PD envir is off course all our goals when testing new things ;o)

Just one question: Do you have 2 b7333sys systems now on the enterprise server?

Back