JAS Generaton

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi,

I am trying to generate the JAS Objects and when I try to do a direct generation I get the following error. Please see attached Jas.log and jasdebug.log and the generator error screen.

The server is Win2K and I am also using it as the gneration machine.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

WebSphere 3.5
SP 20
IIS

Attachments

• 47436-Generator Error Screen.doc
    128.5 KB · Views: 139
Does your jde.ini on the JAS machine have the statement:

Webadmin = 1

Adding this line solved a login problem for us not long ago.

Can you provide anything about what the *.logs are saying? Not much to go by - until those that play with JAS can Identify what's on the logs...

Daniel

Hope this helps.

I was experiencing something similar and corrected the problem when I found an error in the command line arguments in Websphere for the application server. I had put a space in where one didn't belong. Once that error was corrected the Generator started working as documented in the JDE manuals. Prior to this, Websphere showed no errors in start up and I could start the JAS Generator but the screen didn't show all the generation options as shown in the JDE manual screen shot.

Hello.

Please verify all paths for *.jar files in GEN_CLASSPATH in gen.bat (Oweresource.jar usualy has incorrect path).

HI Are you logging in J environment while logging into JAS generation. Seems like you environment is not right. Since you are doing the Jas generation directly , do you have all you jdbc link in your jas.ini defined correctly. Pls check user id and password in that

I have Checked and Re-checked everything, but I am still getting the cannot login to JAS when I run the Gen.bet and i select connect. Also when I try to login to http://Server:port/jde/owhtml I am getting an unknown JAS error occured please contact system administrator.

Does anyone have a sample ini file for a 2000 server with an oracle Database Server to upload so that I can use it for comparison. I know this is asking a lot but JDE is not helping much.

Thanks

Hi I have seen this error. The problem is somewhere in your JAs.ini. It would be convineint for us to look at it if you could attach your jas.ini .

Is this the first generation after installing SP20? I get the same thing when I try "direct". I was able to generate without using the "direct" method. I connected by entering the JAS Server name.

In the [OWWEB] section, don't you have to specify the name of your tnsnames.ora file? Also, if you are using direct generation, I believe you need a line in the [JDBC URL] section with the correct syntax. For example, DEFAULT=jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:jdetstdb:1521:jdedev|O|pyjasgen|pyjasgen|pyjasgen where jdetstdb=servername, 1521=port, jdedev=database, and pyjasgen=owner JAS tables.

When I try to login the is the error from the JAS.log

2003-01-06 15:16:41.928 [Worker#32] JAS : trying implementing isValidEnvironment
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: invalid column name

i think this is what it preventing me from logging in. however I can login to JDV7333 on a fat client and I can process UBE's just fine.

Here is a copy of my jas.log file

Attachments

• 47520-jas.log
    5.4 KB · Views: 158
Cleolai,
I reviewed you your jas.ini file and here a couple of suggestions for you:

[OWWEB]
OracleTNS=d:\program Files\JDEdwards\JAS\Webclient\Web\WEB-INF\tnsnames.sql

(YOU MUST VERIFY THAT THE PATHS ARE CORRECTS)

[JDBC_URL]
JDV7333=jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:pbsrbd:1521:jdepep|O|DV7333|JDE|JDE

Stop Websphere servers and restart and try to regenerate the serialised objects.

Good Luck

We're SP20_I1 Win2K ORACLE so I hope the attached jas.ini helps - Looking at your debug and jasdebug in the line you highlighted it had

2003-01-03 12:02:53.773 [ConectionThread] NONE : Prepared Statement added to pool : SELECT F0094.LMDL01, F0093.LLLL, F00941.LMPATHCD FROM SYS7333.F0093 F0093,SYS7333.F0094 F0094,SYS7333.F00941 F00941 WHERE (F0093.LLUSER= ?) AND (F0093.LLLL=F0094.LMLL) AND (F0094.LMLL=F00941.LMLL) AND (F00941.LMENHV01='1') AND (F00941.LMPATHCD IN DV7333) - Current Pool Size :6

That "IN DV7333" looks wrong - I'd have expected " IN 'DV7333' " otherwise it's going to look for a column called DV7333 isn't it?

Attachments

• 47541-jas.ini
    5.8 KB · Views: 136
Ok,

i think we have ruled out that is it not the INI file. JDE seems to think that it is something to do with the Env. I can login to it with a fat client but not through the web. weh we try we are getting this error trying implementing isValidEnvironment
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: invalid column name

I have ran support assistant on the Env and they cannot find anything wrong with theOCM's or anything. I am at a total lost......

As a long shot..

How do you create your global table specs before generating?
Do you de-activate the Translation convert binary data setting for System - B733x before you run R98CRTGL?
Also, do you create Core objects before you do the web generation?

I'm suspecting OW goes to the GLBLTBL specs to get column defs as a first port of call for QBE column info. They may have been corrupt when the JAS generation was performed.

Good luck!

Well....What do you Know....I finally got to the generation screen and is generating Tables and Business Views....I will update if there is any nore issues or questions...Thank you guys so much for all your input and files....Generation is on it's way :)

I am still using Direct. we ran the SQL statement that was creating the error in SQL plus and found that it needed single (') around DV7333 in the OWWEB section.

But now I cannot get to the Http://server:port/jde/owhtml signin screen it is coming up blank. I am currently running Tam Anazyler.

One question though..is there a recommended way to generate the objects, like which should be done fires. Also should I first generate the Core objects under File.

Back