JAS Generaton

I have the single quote so I must have another problem. I heard or read that with SP20 you could just "generate all", that there isn't any special order that you have to run them in. Thats what I did, I didn't do any core objects first.

I wasn't able to get the signon screen either, but I'm on an AS400 and I had
a problem in websphere. You have a different setup so it's probably a
different problem.

I have /index.html after owhtml on my URL.

Is your whole screen blank or is there an error message? If it's entirely
blank, I've had to delete my temporary virtual device (but once again, I
don't know if you would get the same results on a different platform).

Don't you just love this system - NOT

Teresa, Sys Admin/CNC - OW B7333 SP20_H1 Fat and SP18_1 PD Web (SP20 DV) - enterprise and deployment AS400 (720) - Webserver Iseries (270) (websphere 3.5) - Financials (AP,AR, FA), implementing HR/PR

Did you get to the snoop servlet screen @ http://servername/servlet/snoop? You can rule out IIS and WebSphere as the cause of the problem before looking at the JDE setup.

As far as generation, I do core objects and then everything else.

You must generate core objects before you generate all objects otherwise you will get errors.

Thanks for all your help....After 13 hours yesterday I was able to get a working Gen.Bat and a Working jas.ini file the way JDE thinks/wants it to be setup. We were experiencing issues with the Class Path, and with the help with of the JDE JAS Project Manager we came up with a way to not hard code an actual path but rather have to script find the path.

He also made me not use the generator folder under the B7 but rather use the long path of drive letter:\Program Files\JDEdwards\JAS\webclient\web\WEB-INF, for the JAD.ini and tnsnames.ora and the \web for the gen.bat file, he said that the generator folder is mainly used with UNIX/SUN JAS Servers. It's been a while since I found someone at GS that actually made sense and knew what he was talking about :)

We have checked WebSphere and IIS and still cannot figure out why the signon screen is not coming up. We verified that the Virtual host is working fine and are able to do servlet snoop. I have not tried it this morning yet.

for reference I am posting my attaching my JSA.ini and my GEN.bet file, hopefully it will help someone in the future :)

Attachments

• 47648-GENbat and JASini combined.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 242
What browser/version are you trying to access http://servname:port/jde/owhtml from? If I remember correctly, I saw this issue a while back on IE 5.5. One some machines, we applied IE 5.5 SP2 or went to IE 6 and the issue went away.

Ok here is what I found....

I am on IE 6 SP1. If I copy any index.html file that has information on it I am able to bring up the page...so I am definately getting to the server, however my index.html in owportal directory and owhtml is blank. So I am thinking that all I need is a valid index.html page from a working owhelp and owportal. I am trying to see if JDE will send me a copy of these two index pages but if anyone want's to upload one I'll test it and see if it actually works.

So I still cant get the Jas sign in screen even after re-applying the Service pack. Is anyone running SP 20_J1 on a 2000 Jas server. The matter is now in JDE development hands because I am thinkin the one off might have something to do with it, since I totally re-applied the service pack. I have 20_J1 on my enterprise and on the Fat client.

Don't know if this will help any but here goes......

We are an AS/400 shop running Wesphere 3.5 on our ES.
When we where at SP18+ the path to the Web Client sign on screen was
http://<server name>/jde/owhtml/index.html

After SP20+ install the path changed to
http://<node name>/jde/owhtml

<node name> = Websphere node name. (ie. server.something.com)
Our node is listed in Websphere second from the top after "AdminAplication".

Just thought I would throw this in as I had some difficulty with this myself.

My index.html files are definitely not blank. I have attached the index.html file for both owhtml & owportal. We are on SP20_G1, but I don't think it makes a difference.

Attachments

• 47746-index.html.owhtml
    322 bytes · Views: 57
I guess I can only attach one file at a time? Can you tell it's my first time attaching a file?

Attachments

• 47747-index.html.owportall
    252 bytes · Views: 75
Guys thanks for all you help. The issue was a JDE issue that they are currently working on fixing.

In the JAS.ini file there is a line in the OWWED section that says AnonAccess=true, if this line is not comented out you page will not come up. if the line is active then (true needs to be TRUE) the case really does matter. I had JDE replicate the issue and they got the same result, so thay are supposed to be working on fixing the issue.

So now I have the portal up and running I am now just trying to figure out how to import components because I have no import capabilities, I can't find the "import" componen itself.

To see the import util, you need to be a Portal Admin which is set up in the JAS.INI. Then the component is located on the Portal Admin screen. The component ID is JDEIMPORT if you want to add it to an new custom screen.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Thanks,

The JDEIMPORT was not included with sp 20 so I had to manually add it. there is a tech flase about it.

GSSTF-02-0467

Back