Creating an update package properly

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
I have a problem creating an Update Package for client workstations. I am on Update 6, Service Pack 19.1.

I have created a client update package in OneWorld which includes one of each of the following objects:
UBE (Batch application)
A version of the UBE
Interactive Application
Version of the interactive application
Table
Business View
Data structure
Business Function
Media objects data structure
Menu

For the table, I generated the table in the environment where I want it to exist using the OMW.

I created the update package, selecting the objects to be included. I accepted defaults for the rest:
Foundation Path: Nothing
Help Component: Nothing
Database Path: Nothing
Objects: Those listed above
Features: None
Languages: English and Spanish

In the Package Build Definition, I selected:
Build Specification Options: No
Build Functions Options: Yes

The package build goes fine. When I try to distribute the package to a workstation, the following objects do not have complete specifications:
Table
Business View
Data structure
Business Function
Media objects data structure

I believe that I should have selected some of the Build Specification Options in the Package Build Definition, but I am not sure which. I would like to know which options I must select for each type of object. I don't want to include more Build Specification Options than I have to, so that I am not overwriting anything unnecessarily.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do differently? Thanks in advance.

Tim

You want to say Yes to Build Specifications. Take the default which I believe is all. You will not wipe out anything that isn't in the package.

Patty

Hi Tim,

You do not need to include Menus in your package. It is part of Control Tables.

Back