User Override Options

nailesh

Dear All,

I have 2 issues related to User Overrides.

Firstly, during normal days, certain users get automatically thrown out of J D Edwards / Citrix when they execute certain applications. This happens very frequently for some users. Also, certain User Overrides like Formats within applications which were working fine for a period of 2 – 3 months just disappear. There is no logical explanation to this & also, I can assure you that the users are NOT deleting the Formats.

Secondly, User – overrides like Formats etc. have been created so far in the PD environment. We are now planning for a Full Parent Package Build & then, plan to UNINSTALL J D Edwards from all FAT Clients (including the Citrix Server) & reinstall with the fresh / new Parent Package. I would like to know if this will affect the User-Overrides by any chance & if yes, what precautions must I take to get this issue solved!

Rgds
Nailesh

We have had that issue also from time to time. It especially happens after a Service Pack upgrade. The best thing to do is to clear ALL user overrides when the get corrupted...or at least the users that are having the problem.

The User Overrides are stored in a table in the Control Tables Data Source. Just building a new Full Package will not affect them. If you are first moving over new objects from another environment, and then building the package, then it will affect them and they should be deleted before installing the new package.

User Overrides are affected by Service Pack upgrades. It has been promised that each new Service Pack would fix User Overrides. This fixing seems to be a relative statement. We are on SP 17.1_I1 and our user overrides are generally stable.

The big fix for user overrides came in SP17.1 where the storage format was changed from Binary BLOB to XML BLOB. The result is a *much* more stable set of user overrides.

Trouble is, to take advantage of this fix you must:

1) Install SP17.1 or greater
2) Delete *all* user overrides and allow them to be recreated.

Back