Scripts, please help

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello list,

I have run into an issue where it is necessary to archive files by putting the date and time at the end of the file. I would like to do this via a batch file. So you know the commands to do this, any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I am trying to do:

If FileX.txt exists, copy it to FileX(Date)(Time).txt.

For example, lets say FileX exists and it is 5:00pm on 9/18/02, FileX would be copied to FileX5:0091802, or something similar.

Thank you for any and all help,

Larry,

I am very sorry, it was on Windows2000. I have actually created the script myself. If anyone would like a copy, please send me an emai at [email protected].

Thank you,

Matthew,

Please consider uploading it to the download board on the jdelist forum (www.jdelist.com/ubb). If anyone has a useful script or utility, please consider sharing it this way!

Thanks.

I have sent the script to the download board, hopefully it will be up there soon.

I am using Kix32 Scripting quite heavily to set configuration and do a whole lot of things on out network very successfully. Let me know if you would like more inforation, e-mail me on: [email protected]

Back