XE Support and Functionality on Citrix PS4 question

EkilErif

Hi List,

I have 2 questions,

Does anyone have any official document where PeopleSoft announced that they no longer support OneWorld XE SP20?

Secondly, has anyone implemented OneWorld XE on a Windows 2003 SP1 with Citrix Presentation Server 4 environment? If so please let me know what difficulties you faced?

Kind Regards
Richard
XE SP20, Citrix XPe SP2/FR2, Windows 2000 SP2, AS400 DB2

[ QUOTE ]
...Secondly, has anyone implemented OneWorld XE on a Windows 2003 SP1 with Citrix Presentation Server 4 environment? If so please let me know what difficulties you faced?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Richard,

Can't help you with the first question, can help you with the second. We have a mixed bag, my primary enterprise server is on Windows 2003. No problems. We have some terminal servers in my Asia set of servers on Windows 2003, again no problem. We just implimented an upgrade to Presentation Server 3. That was a challenge. The challenges were mainly upgrade releated, not JDE related. We did the upgrade in a phased process, where several servers a day were upgraded to Presentation server. At some point during the transistion, the farm started to get confused and some of the servers would not allow new connections. This was eventually resolved once all of the servers in the farm were upgraded. The other minor issue was print drivers. Not all of our printers were recognized by the farm. That did not take us by surprise. The only JDE issues that we ran into was spec corruption. At certain points in the transistion, some of the servers took on too big of a user load (40 to 45 users). After a time, the specs became corrupted. The fix was to pull that server out of the farm and copy back on a fresh package. A pain, but not a big deal. My next challenge will be to upgrade to SP23 and Websphere 5.02. That is coming up this week. Fun wow!

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Question - is anyone out there using Citrix Presentation Server 3.0 for their terminal servers? We upgraded to it last month and have experienced intermittent conectivity issues and would like to know if any one else has seen similiar issues. Thanks!

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response to my initial message.

I was running Presentation server 3 in my Lab Environment and experienced no problem. But this was my lab environment and i only had 10 users testing this.

Thereafter a call was made by management to go with Presentation Server 4, not 100% sure the reason for that but I know they had a meeting with our Citrix reseller and that was the outcome.
crazy.gif

Are there any users who do not get dropped at random?

Richard,

Where to begin? We have been experiencing connection issues where users can't log in. Missing or corrupt printer drivers. JDE spec corruption (I am guessing that this happens when a server starts to take on a heavy load). Our servers were quite stable prior to the Citrix upgrade. Since the upgrade, it has been a support nightmare.

Back