Xe Stand-alone

JonFoster

In order to conduct some training on XE, we are installing the stand-alone version on PC's with Windows 95. I understand that for the full system, Windows NT or Win 98 is required, however I was under the impression that the stand alone should work on Win 95. The install appears to be successful, but we get an error when attempting to run - "OSC60AS.DLL file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL:6880." Does anyone have any experience in this area, or educated thoughts?
Thanks

I believe you can look at the Minimum Technical Requirements(MTR) on the JD
Edwards Knowledge Garden for a workstation and it will, hopefully, give you
an idea as to what OS you can us for you PC. If my memory serves me
correctly the MTR for a workstation on XE is Windows 2000. I know that we
have people at our company using the XE standalone on Windows 98 but no one
uses Windows 95 anymore. There were just too many issues with Win95 and the
use of OneWorld (at any release). Further no one would even consider
running anything but the standalone on Windows 98. I hope this give some
help?!

Jon,

I suggest you bypass a lot of problems with Win9x and just install on a NT, 2000, or XP box. Don't even bother with Windows 98 or ME. JDE really does not work well with these operating systems.

If you must continue with Win95 I suggest you install Office97 or 2000 plus Internet Explorer 5.x. Your error indicates to me that you do not have MS Access installed. MS Access is a requirement for a stand-alone install.

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Jonathan,

My machine is Windows 2000 and was Windows NT just before (Not Windows 95 or 98)

I'm presently giving a training on OW development Tools and my student are sometimes getting error that I'm not able to reproduce. The reason : they are under windows 98 ! We got so many error with windows 95 and 98 that we are now only working with NT and 2000.

You will be surprise to see the number of error that we are not able to reproduce when going to Windows 2000 with the same application.

So like Larry sugested, go to Windows NT or 2000 as soon as possible.

Christian Audet

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP14.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Back