XCOM file transfer from JDE to PC

worldsat

Hi,

In JD Edwards World A7.3, I want to transfer a file (which is in WRKLNK '/tmp/F0101.txt') to my PC folder through XCOM server. Is it possible? And how?

Kindly suggest.
Tom

Why would you not simply map a drive to the IFS and download it through win dows?

In operations Navigator open you IBM I Click on File Systems > Integrated F ile System > Root > tmp

If there is not the share icon on your folder ( A little hand under the fol der) right click on the folder and select Sharing > Create Share.

After you have done that, go down to the last link under Integrated File Sy stem, File Shares, click on it, in the right pane find your share you just created, and Right Click on it and select Map Network Drive it will pop up a Map Network Drive Window Assigning a Local Drive and it will populate you r User ID as Connect as:, and you will need to enter your password for your Series i logon. The click OK.

Now back on windows open your Windows Explorer (or Windows Key + E) Click o n Computer and look for the Drive it just assigned, click on it and then yo u have complete access to you files stored there, and you can move files ba ck and forth just by dragging and dropping.

Never used XCOM.

Regards,
Danny

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Beh alf Of worldsat
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 5:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: XCOM file transfer from JDE to PC

Hi,

In JD Edwards World A7.3, I want to transfer a file (which is in WRKLNK '/t mp/F0101.txt') to my PC folder through XCOM server. Is it possible? And how ?

Kindly suggest.
Tom

Re: RE: XCOM file transfer from JDE to PC

Thanks Danny, but i am doing this for an user and I have to put the IFS file in a network shared folder on users PC.
So there is not much access to share or map drives in our systems.
At run time, I get the files from IFS which I copy into a physical file. Then in a CLP, I read that file and have to transfer each file to the user's shared folder through XCOM.

Back