WW Data Selection Prompt from Menu Code

Doogie

I know it exists and to save time I am looking to get my hands on a simple piece of code that allows the use of Data Selection Prompt from WW (World Writer) so users can operate with similar functionality to DW. Any help appreciated.

A73 Cum 9 World AS400

This has already been provided by JDE/Oracle in the past with a "World Writer Update package SAR" that came out a few years back. This topic has come up on this list before so search the archives and I'll bet it will give you more details. If you have Customer Connection access, I'm sure you can find this downloadable SAR update off their site.

Yep - I found the original post in the downloads section and there is some code to use DW to do this but I will also chase the SAR option. Many thanks for the help! James

We don't have the SAR installed here, but we did at my last job and they did a nice job of it - not only do you have the data selection capability, you can also select on *TODAY etc like DreamWriter.

However, I have had to write several programs recently here where WW is not capable of creating the report on it's own, so I have written a DW program to extract data, in one case using a Query to do an Outer Join, taking the resulting file and using that as input to the WW.

Because there may be various DW versions, I set the WW Queue/Version as Processing Options in the DW, wrote a simple RPGLE program to take the DW report headings, center them, and update the WW headings, also passing the original WW headings to the CL. After the WW has been executed, a 2nd RPGLE program then passes the original heading values back and resets the WW headings.

I will be happy to send the code for these if anyone wants.
It's not rocket science, but it serves a purpose.

So I'm looking through my "file cabinet full of stuff I'll never look at again" for something totally unrelated to this post and I ran into a wad of papers regarding this World Writer "package SAR" from 4/9/02!

From what I can tell, the update # is A735574628 but I went searching this software update and couldn't find it. Maybe you might have some luck!

Back