Worldsoft: Keys for a standard table

JDE Techie

Hi ,
I am currently working on JDE A7.3 version.Previously I have completely worked on OneWorld/E810/E812 and E9.0 and this is my first project with Worldsoft

I need to do some workqueries commands(WRKQRY) for some standard tables and for checking the keys I found that when I type 40 in the command line(in the worldsoft screen) and a new screen appears where I have to give the table name and library ....when I give F4201 it lists me all the columns with the keys mentioned as "K01" and "K02" and so on but the same search when I do for F4211..I dont get any keys at all ....same with F4301 and F4311 (For F4301 I see the "K01" listed but not for F4311 but when I chk in Oneworld or any higher versions ..each table irrespective of header or detail has keys ...then why doesnot it show up for each table in Worldsoft?

One quik q even if it sounds silly .....if F4211 say has certain no of standard indexes in Oneworld ,E812 and later ......... will they be any different from that in Worldsoft

I mean for the same table in Worldsoft vs Oneworld ....will the standard index/keys remain the same or would they change .....

I also noticed something like F4211LA concept where it showed the keys as "K01" and so on ....

I was some what confused hence posted the same....

I am working on JDE A7.3.....

Could you pls guide me on this?

Regards.
Joshh

Joshh,
A file without keys has an arrival sequence access path. Use cmd "dspfd lib/file *accpth". Most, if not all, files with suffixes beginning with "L" would have keys.
Debi

Hi,
Physical files in JDE World generally do not have keys built on them and you will only see the logical files (keyed files) built over the physical files with the keys specified. So for instance you might have F4201 - physical file and F4201LA and F4201LB, F4201LC, etc... logical files with the keys specified. Without going into a lengthy discussion on why JDE choose not to specify keys on most physical files this should answer your question.

Hi Shierony,
Just going a little off track here.. but your post gets me curious. I have seen physical files in A8.1 who are keyed, though these are very few. I would be keen to know the reason as to why PF's are not keyed in JDE. what is the thought/reason behind it and also then why some PF's are keyed like the COA file.

Hi Joshh!

Welcome to the wonderfull world of World! MOST physical files in World are "keyed" strickly by arrival. It is the job of the logical files (LA, LB) to reorder these based on access (item, cat codes, etc). It important to bear in mind that these logicals are tagged when they are recompiled so that if you recompile F4101LZ, it will pop to the top of the list for allternate executions for the F4101. I have found it helpfull to have a list of logicals used most often to be recompiled after each nights reorgs.

You also metioned seeing K01, K02. This is the JDE standard for describing the sorting structure of the LF/

Hope this hepled!

ltide

Back