Workflow Problem

AmandaFuller

Hi Everyone,

I've created a workflow process consisting of :

1. A scheduled UBE which checks for expired certificates and starts the workflow process when it encounters one. It will then....
2. Send a workcentre message about the expired certificate to an administrator, with a link to an application they can access to enrol them on a course to obtain a new certificate. It will then...
3. HALT the process for a designated number of minutes/days/weeks to give the administrator time to book the course.
4. When the HALT process is reactivated, a Business Function is run to check to see if a course has been booked...
A) - YES a course has been booked - the workflow process is completed.
B) - NO a course has not been booked - an escalation message is sent to the administrators superiors workcentre urging
them to take action.

This all works beautifully apart from the last part, 4B, where a course has not yet been booked and we need to inform the supervisor. According to the Process Activity monitor the escalation activity is actioned and the message is sent, but the recipient is not receiving the message, and I haven't been able to ascertain why.

The email recipients addresses have definitely been set up correctly in the Address Book, and I have set them up correctly in employee queue manager too.

I've attached a printout of the activity monitor showing all processes as completed, and the process setup itself - any advice would be very gratefully received!

Regards

Amanda Fuller

Attachments

• 110157-Doc2.doc
    115.5 KB · Views: 126
En español:
Hola…
Quizás te pueda servir estos datos.

En ocasiones, cuando tú modificas un proceso de workflow, por muy pequeña que sea la modificación tienes que crear una versión nueva del proceso. Activar dicha versión, modificar la aplicación o el batch, referenciado a esa versión del proceso de Workflow que acabas de modificar. Si haces esto, posiblemente no te toma en cuenta los cambios.

Al traducir tu mensaje, Entendí que el supervisor no recibe la notificación del proceso workflow.

A mí me sucedió lo mismo, cuando diseñe un proceso de workflow. Verifica los siguientes datos:
1.- cuando diseñaste la actividad ESCALATE, en ella especificaste el AN8(Adress Numer) =13235, este AN8 es el supervisor.
2.- por ejemplo el User ID del supervisor es: USERID=SUPERVISOR. Recuerda que el usuario de SUPERVISOR Debe de tener en USER PROFILES (P0092-W0092D), la relación del AN8(Adress Numer) con el USER ID. Si no tienes esa relación, posiblemente este sea el motivo por el cual no puedes recibir los mensajes el SUPERVISOR.
Si tienes alguna duda, no dudes en escribirme.

-------------------------------
in English:

Hello…
Perhaps it can serve these data to you.

When you modify a process of workflow, by sometimes very small that is the modification you must create a new version of the process. To activate this version, to modify the application or the batch, referenced to that version of the process of Workflow that you finish modifying. If beams this, possibly does not take into account the changes to you.

When translating your message, I understood that the "supervisor" does not receive the notification of the process workflow.

To me it happened to me the same, when it designs a process of workflow. It verifies the following data:
1. - when you designed activity "ESCALATE", in her you specified AN8 (Adress Number) =13235, this AN8 is the "supervisor".
2. - for example the User YOU GO of the "supervisor" is: USERID=SUPERVISOR. He remembers that the SUPERVISOR user Must have in USER PROFILES (P0092-W0092D), the relation of AN8 (Adress Numer) with the USER ID. If you do not have that relation, possibly this it is the reason by which you cannot receive the messages the SUPERVISOR.

If you have some doubt, you do not doubt in writing to me.

Back