Workflow - AP Positive Approval

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
We want to take Vouchers entered in the F0411 file and set up a Workflow process to send out for positive approval for amounts > 2000 to determine if the voucher should be paid or not. If user accepts the positive approval then I would set the pay status to "A" otherwise I would set the pay status to "H".

I took a copy of the CREDLIMIT workflow process and copied it into my new workflow process called APPOSAPROV. I have the following Activities defined (see attached)

Am I on the right track with setting up this workflow process?

Am not sure if I am on the right track when checking for "A" or "R" flag in my "cArApMiscCode1" field. Also am not sure how to properly set up msg to send to the originator using Lotus Notes. Or to verify the information coming back from the email.

Am using D04000125 as my key data and D0400047B as my additional data.

If anyone can be of some help it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 131202-APPOSAPROV.jpg
    131202-APPOSAPROV.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 148
Cathy,
It would be difficult for some one to look into the screen shot and decide if you are on right track.

Just ensure that the function you are using is updating the status of the voucher when the email event is triggered

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Chan

When I send out a workflow approval request msg in my workflow activities how do I know that the return msg is an accept or reject msg? I am using P98805, W98805A which has both accept and reject options so am assuming this will send back the appropriate value.

Secondly, how do I attach my workflow process to an application?

Cathy,
Normally the value is passed on from app to the workflow MBF via data structure you have assigned. You will have to then trap that status and perform appropriate action.
For attaching the workflow you have to use the intiate/start WF function available in system.

Thanks,
Chan

I did not understand your post. I want my workflow process to be initiated from an interactive application P0411, W0411G.

How do I code the logic to have it execute this workflow application?

I only want this workflow process to execute if the amount entered is >= $2,000.

Please advise.

To get the workflow to work from an IA you will need to key in an ER system function, under workflow, Start Process In-line. I would put it under an if statement that will call the workflow process if the amount is >=$2000.

Pass the necessary parms to send the email.

For the message of the email, I've setup Error messages that accept parms and the parms come from the passed-in parms to the workflow through the Additional Data Structure.

I don't know how to accept back responses from emails through workflow as I haven't had a chance to do that, yet.

You can start the process by using system function to start workflow. I you still confused then i think best for you would be to read the Workflow document available on Oracle site. This will give you better idea of how to implement WF. Search on list for the documentation and you should be able to find it.

Thanks,
Chan

Would anyone be willing to share an electronic copy of a Workflow training manual? I am coding my Workflow process without much understanding how it works. Would be easier if I had a Workflow Programming training manual so I understood more of what I am doing. I tried to download one of the Peoplesoft/oracle web site but the document downloaded is just a general manual about Workflow management for ERP 8.0

When I questioned Oracle University, they said you only get a programming manual if you go to a training class. If you "attend" an online class, you do not get any manuals. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to a class. If there is an electronic copy of the manual, I would love one. All I have is the documentation guide like you have.

The only Workflow documentation that I know of, is the manual you can
download from Oracle.

You might also want to try looking at the Expense Reporting solution
that comes with JDE. I remember reading through that documentation and
then looking at all of the code behind it and found that very helpful in
trying to understand how the programming behind the workflow worked.

Ellen Deak

Senior Systems Developer

Cooper Standard Automotive

JDE EnterpriseOne (OneWorld XE Update 7 SP23_M1), AS400 DB2 V5R3M0,
Citrix Clients

Cathy,
Just do a search in this list on documentation and you should get the URL. Look for the tools release you are on and download that zip. There is no need of access or id and its available for free on Oracle site.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chan

When I send out a request for approval I need to trap information from two different screens then send out my workflow email request. I need to get A/P information from one screen and the G/L distribution information from another screen. We only want to send out one Workflow msg per A/P document when they set the pay status to a "B".

So if they put the pay status on multiple A/P lines for a document to "B" then I want to send out an A/P email notification for positive approval with the A/P information such as document number, invoice number, po number, and g/l distribution information. Does anyone know exactly how I would do this. I have been following the A/R credit limit example in the Workflow manual off the web site. That is a straight forward change. This procedure I am trying to define is much more complicated.

If there is a PO match then I have to put my logic in the following program and screen
Program: P4314 Screen: W4314A

If there is a voucher without a PO then I have to put my logic in the following program and screen:
Program: P0411 Screen: W0411A

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back