Workflow and Messages

rekblad

Well Known Member
We are hot into Workflow but can't get by the interface from JDE Work Center to Lotus Notes.

1)We think it's NOT possible to use Lotus Notes for managing all types of Workflow messages (answering or taking a program "shortcut" must be done in the JDE Work Center) -- is that true?

2)And so far when we send a message from the Work Center to Lotus Notes, the original message in the Work Center is lost. Can this be avoided?

3)Perhaps the solution is to only send a message to Lotus Notes saying the user needs to go to the Work Center and from there answer Workflow messages. Can just the "Workflow Message" cue be monitored?

Thanks...

Rob,

my impression early on was that OneWorld really didn't support Lotus Notes other than through the generic SMTP mail (or setting up MAPI profiles ...). This was B7331 but it seemed then to implement workflow through Notes we would have to write it ourself - which we didn't do.

Are you now able to get any WorkCenter messages (other than the non-informational "UBE XXXX has finished") automatically forwarded to the User's Notes Mail? Even if we didn't get the short cuts this would be a step forward for us.

Thanks In Advance,

Yes... we change the .INI file [JDEMAIL] to manage the 3 types of messages that normally go to Work Center by assigning a LN address. In the case of OWMON and JDE_SYSTEM messages, they are deleted by the LN server. The WORKFLOW_SYSTEM messages are not deleted, and are collected in the e-mail address per the .INI file.

OK - Dont want to talk about this for ages so here goes -

I assume that you have gone to FastPath G02 and selected "Employee Queue Manager" and entered the information against each user / employee in there? If you have not done this then let me know and I will tell you what all that is about.

I have workflow going to Lotus Notes, and the attachement does work fine, but only if you are on a full client. It cannot communicate through Citrix or TSE as of course the OEXPLORE.EXE is not on your local machine. I believe there is a way around this in Metaframe XP (Not Windows XP).

You cannot (I dont think) get Lotus Notes to work like Outlook there you can read your mail from within the workcenter, but the attachements should definatelly work on Full clients.

If the messaging is removing the message from the workconter then you probably have either
a) Not set up the task I stated earlier or
b) Have the wrong values in there.

YOu do not have to use MAPI at all to get messages in and out of Lotus Notes vs. Compass - SMTP is working fine for workflow.

Back