Work Flow Module

Lori Gibbs

Hi list;
My company is considering implementing the work flow module. The consultant we had broght in to resolve some issues we had within the Manufacturing Area was honest with us as he didn't have much experience in this area. I am hoping that someone out there in "list land" would like to share their knowledge in this area. We will also be upgrading to Update 6, Service pack 20 very soon.

Thanks

I only have limited experience in this area. I have found that there is a common misconception which says that workflow doesn't require any programming. This has two answers:

1) Workflow delivered with OneWorld will normaly function simply by activating them in the Workflow module. (ie CREDLIMIT for Credit Limit update workflows)

2) Creating other (new) types of workflow WILL require some minor development. (For example if everytime a new item is created you want to send a worflow message to a manager to review the item's setup you could create a worflow called NEWITEM but you would need to add code to the P4101 to start the workflow process after each item add.)

Appreciate the info. Work flow for a new item is a definate need here, and I can see it also being used in the other expample you provided. Thanks for your help

Good point Sean - normally you will have to do at least some programming to get what you want from the workflows JDE delivered with the software. Workflow is basically a messaging utility that you want activated under particular circumstances. Be sure you know what circumstances and what you want/expect from workflow - it will not cure bad processes.

Back