Windows XP and One World "FAT" clients

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
Windows XP and One World \"FAT\" clients

Is there anybody else out there having problems with WIN/XP? We just do not seem to be having any luck with OW since we upgraded to WIN/XP. Fat clients have problems accepting packages, OMW gets "lost" and a series of other crazy things. We are on SP21_F1, I have turned off "system restore". About the only thing that seems to work is to single task when you are in OW. Only aceept a package, don't run anything else. I am open to any other suggestions. It is really driving me nuts!!

RE: Windows XP and One World \"FAT\" clients

You need prof edition of XP otherwise the administration settings are not
correct
Thanks

Re: Windows XP and One World \"FAT\" clients

Also have a lot of problems with XP professional. Switched back to Win 2k. OMW just not functioning under XP.
Regards,
Dave

I really have issues with the way that XP Professional works.

First of all, it seems that JDE hasn't really done any major support work to ensure that their product works correctly under XP (after all, everyone uses a Web client right ?!)

Secondly - the only technical benefit that I can see for Windows XP is the hyperthreading support for P4 processors. Big freaking deal - in effect, it takes my CPU and splits it up making it look as if I have two CPU's - each of which runs at 1/2 my total clock speed. Somehow this is supposed to be faster - my guess is that its a marketing scam by intel personally, since I haven't seen a darn thing run any faster under XP compared to Win2K on the same box. Course my preferred CPU is an AMD Athlon XP - but thats another thread entirely !

OneWorld seems to have its foot still fixed firmly in NT4.0 days - the compiler is a major clue here (Visual C++ 6.0 has been stepped over for some time by Microsoft). The question really is when is JDE going to start updating OneWorld to ensure support for the latest Microsoft software ? Remember all the issues we had supporting Win2K ? Well, we seem to be having 10 times the issues with XP.

I don't like XP right now - sticking with Win2K personally, but my new 3.06Ghz P4 laptop is having some issues with me running Win2K - and I would love to move to XP if it eliminates these issues. I just don't want to do it if I cannot run OneWorld....

All seems to run okay overhere in XP, no real problems but maybe it could be a little faster. Only had some problems accepting update packages before we were on SP20.

So far, our team members are almost using winXP pro to do development job.
Using RDA, FDA, creating table, business view,....
It seems not too often to encounter big problems.
But JDE sometimes hangs and pop-up error message like " Application ER debugger error...".
And the client session must be terminated in Task Manager.

Firstly, "system restore" function must be disabled.
User account in Client machine should be in the administrator group. Or you can refer to "OTI-01-0082" in KG and make Power Users privilege can run Client successfully.

For your one problem, Fat clients have problems accepting packages.
I also have this problem before I implemented Update7 and SP20_O1.
But you have already in SP21_F1, I am not sure whether Update 7 is the solution.

Back