Windows file share?

IntMav

[color:purple] I'm have a simple ube that calls B4700230 to copy a file from a PO defined path to the import directory . It runs well locally but when deployed to the server, ti does not seem to work.I think I have a problem with defining the file share path to point to the <import>directory.
I'm able to get the outbound flat file field to display something like "\B7333\DV7333\import\input.csv" (I'm running this in DV to test) But when run on the server, the B4700230 BSFN does not seem to find this file. I changed the original forward slash to back slash and even that is not working.
Do I have the root ("\b7333"), wrong? If so, how do I get the machine to figure out the root?
Thanks
[/color]
Keep smilin'

IntMav,

I had a similar problem to this some time ago, unfortunately, I was not able to get a solution for it, though I did discover the cause.

You have not provided you set up details (version, platform(s), database etc.), and this is where the answer is.

I'll describe my situation and you might be able to get something useful out of it - please let me know whether you can or not.

I needed to create a text file in a directory where it could be accessed by various staff members. The path to the directory is stored in a Media Object Queue. I set the path to point to one of our file servers and everything worked well when run locally.

However when run on our Enterprise Server (ES) I had to use a different Queue. The reason for this is that the client is a windows machine and the ES is a Unix box and each machine has a different path syntax (eg "/" or "\"). However access to the target directory of the Queue depended on several things: Physical access from ES to the target directory, logical access to the target directory (eg. through a firewall) and security access to the target directory (User ID has appropriate read/write privileges).

The problem was a combination of logical access and security access.

I hope my experience has been of some assistance.

Hey Peter
thanks for replying
I tried both "/" and "\" . It appears that my problem is not identifying the "root directory" ex "C:\". I want that to be left as ambiguous as possible.
I was wondering if I could find a <default> directory .. just like the TC tool finds the <import> directory.
Thanks

Back