Why I can't call JDeveloper from JD Edwards(9.1)?

Daniel Prado

Why I can\'t call JDeveloper from JD Edwards(9.1)?

Hello there!

I was studying about "Business Services" in the 9.1 version of JDE, running in a Windows 7 machine.
When I tried to do this in a Windows XP machine (with JDE 9.0), the JDE call the JDeveloper to create a Business Service, but now, it do not work.
The folder of the JDeveloper is C:\Oracle\Middleware\jdeveloper, but when I click to invoke the JDeveloper, it shows me this: http://s15.postimage.org/5e1gb7gzd/Jdev_erro_1.jpg
Then I was thinking that de JDE was not able to access the C:/ partition, and the I installed another version of JDeveloper in C:\Users\Fernando\Desktop\jdevstudio10135, but now another error appear: http://s16.postimage.org/lqkosds2d/Jdev_erro_2.jpg
Someone can help me?

Thanks
Daniel

Re: Why I can\'t call JDeveloper from JD Edwards(9.1)?

Hi Daniel,

Make Sure you installed the correct version of JDeveloper as per the MTR's. As I remember For 9.1 you should have Jdeveloper 11.1.1. May be you installed the higher/latest version than 11.1.1. Please check

I recently installed JDeveloper 10.1.3.5 and am getting this message when trying to set it to my JDeveloper Install Path:
"A valid JDeveloper install is required for BSSV development. The JDeveloper insall location provided failed to validate for the following reasons: The JDev Properties file does not exist"
thx

Does JDE work with JDeveloper 11.1.2.4.0. I am getting invalid version err?

11.1.1.5.0 worked for me

Is it necessary to use 11.1.1 to use.. recently I installed 12.1.2.. I got the same problem mentioned above..It's not detecting my Jdeveloper.exe file..

Thanks a lot

Hello all I am experiencing exactly the same issue using JDE 9.13 and JDeveloper version 12. did any one determine a cause for this & find a solution ? I would be very grateful for any help and advice any of you may have

Thank you

Charlie

See if you have any INI file in C: root directory and remove it. Latest JDev sometimes confuse which INI to follow.

Hi,

The Jdev install path field has only 30 characters (alias DL).
Try uninstall and install the Jdev in a short path (like c:\Jdev\).

Regards,

Back