WebSphere 6.1 and Windows Server 2003 Standard edition SP2

RPE1CNC

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone is running WebSphere 6.1 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2. The minimum technical requirements from JDE do not specify which SP levels are supported, however I ran the websphere installation and it says SP2 is not supported, only SP1. Just wondering if anyone went ahead and installed and if all is ok or not. Thanks

We have it running on Enterprise Edition. Versions are:
IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1.0.15
OS – Windows 2003 SP2

It did say SP2 is not supported but we went ahead with it anyway. Has been running for about 9 months with no issues. It is a small sized company though.
Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone is running WebSphere 6.1 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2. The minimum technical requirements from JDE do not specify which SP levels are supported, however I ran the websphere installation and it says SP2 is not supported, only SP1. Just wondering if anyone went ahead and installed and if all is ok or not. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Safe to ignore, IBM doesn't do a very good job of intelligent OS SP level detection...among other things.

Just a possibly irrelevant heads up. We put WebSphere 6.1 on windows 2008 and the install failed with
Failed : Your operating system failed the
prerequisites check.
A supported operating system was not detected.
Support for your operating system might have been
added after the release of the product. You can
continue with the installation, but the
installation might not succeed.

If you get that then
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21315370
may be helpful.

Back