Web Server not dropping connections to DB.

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello,

We are using 8.97.1.2 with OAS 10.1.3. We are seeing an issue where the web server is not dropping inactive connections to the DB. For example, we had 3 users on the system and they had over 100 open connections to the database.

Any ideas???

Stupid question, but I have to ask: what are the timeout values in your JDBJ.INI?

The reason I ask is that one client of mine had a resultSetTimeout value of -1, which means making all query results valid forever, and keeping the DB connection open. Since this was an Oracle database, Oracle eventually would run out of connectors after about a day and a half, less during month end.

Hi,

you have an OAS issue that needs a patch for OAS 10.1.3.1

You need to download patches 6880880 & 6390846

You need to install the correct version of 6880880 for your platform that upgrades opatch in order for you to be able to install patch 6390846.

A customer of ours has just been through a load of performance investigations and we discovered exactly what you are talking about and this helped in our final cure.

This patch was only available originally for 10.1.3.3 but was retrofitted for 10.1.3.1 at JDE's request to cure this issue.

Back