Version submit error in Prod

jde_x_pert

Well Known Member
I created a version over R42520 with no changes except processing options in the Development system. Then I promoted the version with report to Prototype and Production.

I can submit the report in Dev and Prototype but get a error submitting R42520 version ABC0001 in the Production environment.

I can run it locally in the production environment.

Has anyone seen this or can you help??

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

Try building an update server package containing only R42520 with your
version...

OW B73.3.2 SP 16.1 / NT 4.0 Sp 6a/ SQL 7.0 (XE and Win2000 soon)

Greetings.
S.E. Ricardo Paz Castanon
Systems Chief
Comercial de Herramientas S.a de C.v.
+52(81) 8369-35-35 ext. 286
[email protected]
www.cohesa.com

I have tried that and it does not work. Although, you should not have to do a update package since it is a new version over a report that already exist.

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

I disagree - If you create a version over a report already builts and is called by the user, you do not have to build a package. The only reason why you should have to build a package when create a new version is when it is called from another batch job such as R31415.
Then the AS/400 would look for specs.

If you manually call the version, it will upload the code from your machine and submit is in a temp lib and erase once the program has ran.

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

The specs does not have to merge to the enterprise server because the user submits the job. The only time you need to worry about enterprise server is if a submitted UBE will launch that version.

Although, I should say, It is nice to keep these in synch. They don't necessarily have to be.

I also figured out the problem. Let's just say it was a dumb move. I pointed the version to run in a JOBQ that didn't exist on the 400.

JAB
OW XE
AS/400 (Enterprise)
WinNT (Deployment)
SP16

The other time you need to deploy the version to the enterprise server in a package is if it's launched by the scheduler or runube. In both of these cases there is no workstation to upload the version specs from.

Also, ANY override you do in a version is tranferred to the server from the workstation.

Dave.

David D. Helsley, Inc.
[email protected]
Xe, Unix Sp16.1, Oracle/MSSql, TSE

"And is that change to the version then available to
other users?"

Only if the version does not already exist on the user's workstation.

If the version was deployed to or was already JITIed before the change then the changed version will not JITI. If it's already there then it takes a package or the user can "get" the version via OMW or OL.

Dave.

David D. Helsley, Inc.
[email protected]
Xe, Unix Sp16.1, Oracle/MSSql, TSE

Back