E9.2 Using R01010Z - Address Book Batch upload

Karzmo

Karzmo

Hi all,

I am trying to use R01010Z to update ABAN82. I have looked at the logs and there are no errors, the ABAN82 record exists. The process sets the F0101Z2 record to 'Y' as processed but the actual address book record is not updating.

Any thoughts?

Karzmo,
I'm pretty sure R01010Z is designed for uploading/importing new records rather than updating existing ones. Used it a million times for various integrations/acquisitions but never for updating existing.

There is another UBE, R01490, Global Category Code Update, will (as its name states) allow one to update the cat codes for a subset of the population to a set value, as well as a few other fields. But sorry to say that I don't think ABAN82 is not among them. Depending on the specifics of what you need you may need to pursue another avenue for the update.

The Change Action Code (F0101Z2) can be used to update existing Address Book records (F0101). When you run the Address Book Batch Upload UBE (R01010Z), the system changes all the information in the Address Book Master (F0101) record as per the data in the Address Book Interoperability table (F0101Z2). For example, if you just want to change the City on the record in question, and if you do not populate all the other fields in the Address Book Interoperability table with all the information that currently exists in the Address Book Master (F0101), then running the UBE will blank out all of the other information. The same principle applies to all tables the R01010Z UBE updates; i.e Address Book Master (F0101), Who's Who (F0111), Contact Phone Numbers (F0115), and Address By Date (F0116) tables. Use caution with the Change Action Code to ensure you do not overwrite existing Address Book information with blank values.

Back