Using Future Dates in Data Selection - When Printing Pick Slips

Stuchop

I am hoping someone out there may be able to help with a problem we are having in OneWorld XE.

I am having problems in the area of inventory commitments and future orders - we are using inventory commitment preference profiles to commit items to quality related branch plants - so the same items has different quality accreditations and dependant on these accreditations we can commit to the relevant branch plant successfully - so a bog standard item would commit to branch plant 301000, whereas quality level one commits to 301001, 2 to 301002 - this can all be the same item number.

Unfortunately the preference profile does not work for future orders so in order for forecasting to work accurately we need the item to commit correctly to a quality branch plant at order entry - so have set the commitment window at branch plant to 999.

However this means future orders will print pick slips immediately even though the order may not be until December 2005.

I have tried to use data selection on print pick slips to set a rule that only pick slips with a requested date of todays date plus 7 (for example) are released which I can do quite easily - but this would mean I have to chnage the data selection each day to function correctly.

At last I get to the question - is there any way of setting pick slips to data select for todays date plus 7 so the data selection retains this and does not need ongoing maintenance?

Obviously I am open to other suggestions if anyone has an alternative solution, but from my world days I seem to remember that you could set dreamwriters/worldwriters to use todays date + 7 in they way I require.

Thanks in advance.

Set up the selection as a "User Selection" in the event Rules.
First assign a date variable equal to today date + 7
then in system functions in the "Initialize Section" set the user selection of date less than or equal to the variable you just created.
If you need any more info let me know.

Martin Ravenshorst
Sido Consulting

Back