Using EDI to allocate a sales order

Gary P

Hi all. Hopefully I'm in the right forum for this.

I want to be able to use EDI to allocate an existing sales order line. If you have done this before, what worked for you?

We currently use P4210 to run manual allocations, and R42997 is our auto-allocation. What the user wants is to say "I want Order X line Y to have Z quantity allocated to Lot A Location B". Nothing more and nothing less. We would need the process to handle splitting of lines when necessary. Ideally, we would also like the ability to have the process ignore whether a lot is on hold (this is designed to divide quantities when a lot is on overdemand hold).

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong with the EDI reports currently available. So far, R47011 just creates a new line on the order without touching the line I'm trying to allocate, and R47131 gives me errors due to the order I'm trying to allocate already existing. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hi, it doesn't seem that there is an alternative to the R47131 to manage your request. Did you correctly setup the SZTPUR in mode replace (value 04) and the SZCHGC = C and of course the expected LOCN and LOTN ?

Hi...We can partially fill units of a style and need to manually allocate units going to different locations. The order comes to us via EDI. Is this the most up-to-date way to manually allocate an EDI order? Thank you in advance...

Back