Use Different A/R Trade Accts BY G/L Class

wild_erp

Can it be set up so that Sales orders will post to different A/R trade accounts using the G/L offset at the detail Line of the order? Have set up AAI's for RCyyyy where yyyy are my G/L offsets but when I look at the F03b11 file the GL code is blank how do I get it to use the G/L offset on my sales order line? I know you can get it to work using regular Invoices that you manually input by putting in the G/L class but is it possible to use the same logic for Sales Orders and have it default in the G/L class off the detail line?

Thanks
-DF

The G/L class that it uses in the AAI RCxxxx is the class that is on the Customer.... The G/L Class on the Sales Order Line is from the Item Branch Plant Location (or Line Type)an is used by the Distribution Management AAIs..... (DMAAI)

So what your saying is I can't drive it with the Sales order only the customer Address book record. I guess we are different that way. Really we want different A/R accounts based on B/P but we want to use that g/L offset off the item.
Has anyone ever made a mod to force in the G/L offset in R42800??

Put the GL class on the customer master record.

wild_erp <[email protected]> wrote:Can it be set up so that Sales orders will post to different A/R trade accounts using the G/L offset at the detail Line of the order? Have set up AAI's for RCyyyy where yyyy are my G/L offsets but when I look at the F03b11 file the GL code is blank how do I get it to use the G/L offset on my sales order line? I know you can get it to work using regular Invoices that you manually input by putting in the G/L class but is it possible to use the same logic for Sales Orders and have it default in the G/L class off the detail line?Thanks-DF
D Foster
ERP 8
SQL/Intel
Citrix/Fat
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=60630

This is the JDELIST Applications Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

World, OW B733X and Xe

Sorry for the delay in replying, but have been out of the office for a few days.....

Yes, the A/R account is driven from the Customer G/L Class Code.

The Client I am currently working for has a similar requirement to you in that they wish to have separate A/R accounts for Bulk (e.g Petrol) and Packed (e.g. Lubricating Oils) products.

They overcome this by having separte Customer Master Records for Bulk and Packed Customers.... even though they may be the same physical customer.....

As this is only two types it is not a problem and they use Search Type Security to ensure that operators pick up the 'correct customer'

You may have a more complex requirement...

Regards

Gareth

Back