Urgent: World Writer Data Selection Problems

einrad

In the past 3 weeks on many of our world writers data selection criteria cannot be changed. In some cases can't be deleted either. We are at 7.3 cum 15. Anyone run into this problem? Our company no longer has JDE support. I know, don't say it....
ooo.gif

Hi,

Have you tried checking the WW Security (G8231/14)?

Hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Have you tried checking the WW Security (G8231/14)?

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or option 16 on that same menu, as this secures the version.

Could you describe the specific steps that you are taking, at what step you have the problem, and any message(s) you might see?=C2=A0 Be very detailed .=C2=A0 Start with the menu number and option number and go screen by scree n.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

I go into a world writer to edit with an option 2. I then go to data selections. When I put an option 9 to delete the criteria the criterial line gets duplicated. When I go to change a criteria line the line gets duplicated. We have many world writers now with duplicate data selection lines. many world writers can no long be changed or even copied for that matter without the same problem happening. I tried to create a world writer from scratch and get the same problem.
I checked world writer security and don't see anything out of the ordinary. Help!!
shocked.gif

forgot to add. I receive no messages and simply go in to edit any existing world writer with an option 2 and try to change the data selection. After I press enter the data selection line duplicates.

F9 = replicate selected records while Opt 9 = deletes the selected record.

Kevin,

What version of JDE are you using? It sounds like you have a bug in the WW program. The 9 works fine in our WW software release A9.1.

Jim

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Beh alf Of einrad
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:50 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Urgent: World Writer Data Selection Problems

forgot to add. I receive no messages and simply go in to edit any existing world writer with an option 2 and try to change the data selection. After I press enter the data selection line duplicates.

Sounds like a bug.=C2=A0 I would report this to support.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Every couple of years we need to reorg the f98301 etc files when the ww start acting funny. Find the files with tons of deleted records

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 14, 2013, at 11:52 AM, "einrad" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

I go into a world writer to edit with an option 2. I then go to data selections. When I put an option 9 to delete the criteria the criterial line gets duplicated. When I go to change a criteria line the line gets duplicated. We have many world writers now with duplicate data selection lines. many world writers can no long be changed or even copied for that matter without the same problem happening. I tried to create a world writer from scratch and get the same problem.
I checked world writer security and don't see anything out of the ordinary. Help!! [http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/images/graemlins/shocked.gif]

Good catch Nichelle - I have forgotten about the F9 function key (I don't u se it that often to replicate groups of data).

KEVIN - I think you are using the F9 and not the OPTION 9. You can use the se "now bad versions" still by placing a 9 on all of the lines that you nee d to delete and press enter. This should take the WW back to the original version before you trying to delete anything.

I hope this helps. THANKS Nichelle!!!
Jim

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Beh alf Of Nichelle
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:39 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Urgent: World Writer Data Selection Problems

F9 =3D replicate selected records while Opt 9 =3D deletes the selected reco rd.

Nichelle Wilcox Mgr. of ERP & Integration Solutions Buffet Partners, L.P. P lano, Tx 75074 JDE World A9.2.1 525 i7.1

Back