Upgrading to TR 8.93.1

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
With TR 8.98.3.1 is supported SOA 11g with WebLogic (EnterpriseOne 8.11 SP1). My customer wants upgrade Web applications taking them on OAS 10.1.3.4. My question is, in your opinion is possible have an "hybrid" environment with EnterpriseOne Web application on OAS 10.1.3.4 and SOA architecture (SOA, BPEL, Transaction and BSSV) on WebLogic 10.3.2?
The only obstacle I see is the JDK version (1.5 for OAS, 1.6 for WebLogic) and it is overcome mantaining to sets of serialized object for the same environment, one for JDK 1.5 (accessed via OCM) and one for JDE 1.6 (setted up in transaction and BSSV jdbj.ini)
Do you see other problem?
thanks in advance
gg

Why not have the BSSV deployed to the OAS instance instead of the WLS instance? There's no reason to have the BSSV deployed to the same server as the SOA server that will be consuming those services.

Yes of course, but customer has planned an incremental migration to WebLogic platform. So I proposed as first step to separate role ... every integration components (transaction, BSSV, SOA...) on WebLogic and JDE web application on OAS.
Second step migrate only JDEdwards web application to WebLogic from OAS.
gg

Hi Gigi, i understand you want to separate components by role but you need to take care about components owner too; so BSSV and Transaction are JDE components, BPEL, for example, is a SOA component. In my opinion you need to deploy all jde components on the same AS, and try to run all SOA components on the other AS. If you have a jde report that load external data into jde table i hope you don't intend to deploy this on WLS

Back