Upgrading to SP24, apply the latest planner ESU before or after?

DEA

When i did SP23 i remember applying the latest Planner update prior to applying SP23. Now Oracle recommends applying the service pack first and then the Planner ESU. Should i go ahead and apply the planner first or service pack?

For Xe, I don't believe it really matters which order you do it.

Maybe in a later version, like 8.11, it might matter, because you would need the capabilities of the BI Publisher Phase 2 objects from the Planner and subsequent ESUs before you did the Tools Release upgrade.

The order does matter and these suggestions have been placed in the manual:

• Install the Latest Tools Release and Latest Tools Release Patch to the Deployment Server
• Install the Latest Planner Update

At some combinations of releases with some planners it doesn't matter. Actually for most Planner/Tools combinations it doesn't matter but do you really want to take that chance?

Some Planners rely on the latest tools release and may not install at all or properly if the items are done out of sequence.

Colin

Thanks for your responses. So i'll go ahead and do SP24 first. Should i let that bake in for a week or two before applying the planner ESU or just go ahead and apply them one after the other?

Back