Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.11 - trying to submit table conversions

gesbos1

Hey all,

I'm trying to submit some of the table conversions to the Enterprise Server (iSeries) to run there and I get an error stating that "An error occurred submitting batch".

In the jde.log I see this:

4304/4224 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Wed Jan 11 15:52:46.212000 Jdeknube.c3165
KNT0000106 - JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed. Error = 11

So it doesn't look like it's letting me submit jobs to the server. I even tried to submit R0006P as a test and got the same error.

Any ideas why it waon't let me submit to the Enterprise Server?

Thanks

Thanks for replying Shawn.
I just checked and that server is running.
I don't understand why the software can't give more meaningful error messages. Drives me NUTS!!

Ask your Unix(I hope you are using your enterprise server on unix platform) admin to verify port 6013 is not used by any other resource.

One other quick question: Are the services running on the I-Series? I mean, has STRNET been run and the logs are clean? Take a look in PSE811 to verify. Also, have you applied any service packs (Tools Releases) and are they in synch?

Yes, all the services come up clean on the iSeries and the logs in pse811 look fine. I am at tools release E1 on both the deployment server and the iSeries.

hi ,

Try if you can submit a job after removing the security server name from ent server and the machine from where you are trying to submit it.

For table conversion, is it coz of security table records for * Public ( incase u are running it for upgrade purpose ) Maybe u can remove them from the table and try runnign the TC, Make sure u keep a bkp though.
smile.gif

Freddy,

=======================
For table conversion, is it coz of security table records for * Public ( incase u are running it for upgrade purpose ) Maybe u can remove them from the table and try runnign the TC, Make sure u keep a bkp though.
smile.gif

========================

That's what we are doing for Xe to 811 SP1. Make a backup of the F00950 file. See SolutionID: 200966311

Issue and Solution Detail: During the upgrade process the F00950 table is brought forward from the previous release to preserve the clients row and column security records. These records can contain in some cases, depending on the client's previous security model, *PUBLIC records which may lock down permissions to certain tables through row or column security for all users. Since the process of an upgrade using the default user of PSFT, the Table Conversion process will need to have proper permissions to those tables during the process for this user.

The solution give you the solution for copying a single record with PSFT in the F00950.

Grant.

Re: Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.11 - trying to submit UBE\'s

Hi,

I have just come across the same issue on a new server we just got up and running 8.95_I2. I cannot submit a job to the iSeries from Fat or HTML. I am able to submit from the iSeries command line. Services are up and PORTTEST is working fine.

Errors in the client jde.log is:

KNT0000175 - JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed. Error = 11

It's as thought the client cannot talk to the iSeries as there are no logs on the iSeries that show there was a remote connection attempt. ERDSQL is running, and I can ping the iSeries. I have not tried the removal of Security Server yet.

Any ideas?

Re: Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.11 - trying to submit UBE\'s

Fixed...changed 0's to 1's in the stanza below on the Enterprise Server.

[JDENET_KERNEL_DEF2]
krnlName=UBE KERNEL
dispatchDLLName=JDEKRNL
dispatchDLLFunction=JDEK_DispatchUBEMessage
maxNumberOfProcesses=1
numberOfAutoStartProcesses=1

Back