Updating Processing in Report

dfrom1988

Client wants to blank out a specific processing option on a version once it is submitted. Example: Processing Option 4 is a date. The user submits the version using a menu and puts a value in the processing option for the submitted version. Once it is submitted or ran in Batch the client wants the program to blank out the base version processing option # 4 so the next time a user submits the version the option starts at BLANK not the value from the previous submitted person. You might also think of a PROOF / FINAL processing option that the user always wants the base version to be PROOF except when a user overrides it to FINAL for the one specific run but the next person wants it to default to PROOF.

I have looked for a business function to do this without luck. I also have looked at doing table IO to the table F983051 and find the specific record but the data is stored in a blob field.
I understand there is problems with table IO since the specific value in the processing option would be what ever the last submitted person entered until the report runs and the value would be there if the previous submitted report has not ran before the next person submits it.

Any Ideas / Do you know another method to accomplish This / Or is there a function somewhere that I could use to do this????

Hi dfrom1988,

First of all, you did not mentioned your release, SP/TS level, platform, etc., so maybe the funtion below does not exist on your release - they exist on XE SP 23.

Source modul: B9090001
Funtions under B9090001 are:
Get Processing Option Data
Update Processing Option Data

I my memory serves well, they ghad been discussed already on JDEList, so please check the archive too for further information.

Hope, this helps,

Regards,

Zoltán

Clever, and it can be done, but why not have a workfile with a key on their machine name/userID, or some other unique mix?
You can set it that way?...if the blob idea gets too much for you
smile.gif

I think tables would be better as what happens if 2 people kick it off at the same or overlapping time?
they'll get the wrong Po values for their session

Thanks so much for the BSFN name. I researched B9090001 and found that it is a client only function. Problem is that the report is always submitted. Second issue is that this is a standard JDE report that I will change and want to keep the changes as small as posible. The other solution talked about (using a work file) is not a solution that would really work in this case. Has anyone got the B9090001 to work in Batch. If so what was the steps (ER also would be great). Any help would be great!!

Thanks so much for the BSFN name. I researched B9090001 and found that it is a client only function. Problem is that the report is always submitted. Second issue is that this is a standard JDE report that I will change and want to keep the changes as small as posible. The other solution talked about (using a work file) is not a solution that would really work in this case. Has anyone got the B9090001 to work in Batch. If so what was the steps (ER also would be great). Any help would be great!!

Can you change B9090001 as client / server, at least any JDE function will contine running properly.

Ray

Back