Unplanned Read only environment

gregglarkin

gregglarkin

Legendary Poster
Good morning list

I have a weird issue to bounce off of you all. Our normal build process is to build and deploy full packages. Yesterday I built and deployed a full PY package (XE, SP 23, Windows, SQL). Everything looked good, no issues in the build logs.

After I deployed the package, I received an email from a business analyst that the system would not commit transactions. For example, you could make a change to an address book record, and save the change. No error messages. But then when you looked at the record, the change did not commit. Same for all applications.

I tried this out, on muliple terminal servers as a CNC, same result. We had the DBA check things out, no database errors. I turned on debug, no error messages. I pushed back to the previous package, everything works. I built a new full PY package, the error came back. I built a full PD package, everything worked fine. I tried out other PY environments, the issue was consistent. Weird.

There have been no recent changes. No ESUs, no services pack changes, no database changes. nada, zip,zilch.

I'm going to kick this over to Oracle support, but I'd like to hear from you guys as well. Any ideas?

- Gregg

[ QUOTE ]
Good morning list

I have a weird issue to bounce off of you all. Our normal build process is to build and deploy full packages. Yesterday I built and deployed a full PY package (XE, SP 23, Windows, SQL). Everything looked good, no issues in the build logs.

After I deployed the package, I received an email from a business analyst that the system would not commit transactions. For example, you could make a change to an address book record, and save the change. No error messages. But then when you looked at the record, the change did not commit. Same for all applications.

I tried this out, on muliple terminal servers as a CNC, same result. We had the DBA check things out, no database errors. I turned on debug, no error messages. I pushed back to the previous package, everything works. I built a new full PY package, the error came back. I built a full PD package, everything worked fine. I tried out other PY environments, the issue was consistent. Weird.

There have been no recent changes. No ESUs, no services pack changes, no database changes. nada, zip,zilch.

I'm going to kick this over to Oracle support, but I'd like to hear from you guys as well. Any ideas?

- Gregg

[/ QUOTE ]

For troubleshooting, OCM map your DEFAULT PY tables to Business Data - DV and see what happens.

Hey Jeff

Tried changing OCMs - still had the issue.

In the meantime, we found the problem. Turns out a developer slipped in a boneheaded table trigger that fouled up the works(the tabletrigger was boneheaded, not the developer
grin.gif
). We pulled out the code and I will rebuild and test again. Thanks!

- Gregg

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jeff

Tried changing OCMs - still had the issue.

In the meantime, we found the problem. Turns out a developer slipped in a boneheaded table trigger that fouled up the works(the tabletrigger was boneheaded, not the developer
grin.gif
). We pulled out the code and I will rebuild and test again. Thanks!

- Gregg

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured the problem would stay, just trying to eliminate the database as the issue for sure.

Glad you figured it out and very glad it was not production.

Back