Unable to promote versions

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
I recently mirrored PY to PD prior to go live and I thought I had promoted projects from PY to PD since then, but last night I tried to promote projects from PY to PD and any projects with versions in them are failing to promote. I am getting "Error 47 - Transfer not compatible" according to the OMW error guide. I have validated that the F983051 table looks correct in Central Objects - PD. At first the VRENHV field was still showing PY812 from the copy I did, but I updated it to PD812 and I am still getting this Error 47 when trying to promote from PY to PD. This happens on custom and XJDE versions alike. I attached the debug log as the jde log is completely clean. If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome. DV to PY promotions work fine.

Bizarrely enough, by changing my OMW rules to transfer from "Versions - PY812" to "Versions - PD812" I am able to promote versions. What bothers me is that my rule to promote DV to PY is still set as Path code "DV812" to "PY812" and it works fine. If anyone has any insight into why that would be, I would love an explanation, but I am at least happen I can move forward now.

Turns out changing the value in the transfer activity rules does NOT work. It only transfers the version header but none of the specs get moved. I am back to being unable to promote versions from PY to PD. Anyone think of what in the mirror of PY to PD process could break the promotion process?

Steve,

I tried to download your attached debug log, but the link is broken. Please attach it again.

I think I got this. Turns out there was an OCM mapping for the F983051 table that we were using for doing data migrations that alphabetically came before PD812 and was set to "Central Objects - PD812" instead of "Versions - PD812". Once that OCM mapping was corrected, my rules worked as they should. Thanks.

Back