Unable to apply PPT

Sorry for confusing the group by using short form PPT ( Product Packaging Template )

Hi Indra,

Sorry for the late answer, you're right I meant the P96740 application. Can you see your custom ASU (PPT) in the "Application Software Update" application (P96740|ZJDE0002)?
I had several problems with product packaging, it does not work very good, even in 8.11 SP1. If your ASU-name doesn't match the name of the package (see the ASU executable), you won't see the custom ASU in JDE, even if the ASU extraction was successfull.

Indra, Jon,

Here's my aud 0.02 worth:

Sorry for my late reply, I have been away.

We've been using Product Packaging for almost 12 months now with the only problem being that it will not transfer workflows. It's use is a little long winded and a little time consuming, but it does work. We had our Oracle/Peoplesoft/JDE consultant set it up and explain how to use it. They even provided a very basic "manual" to show us how to create, transfer and install a Product Package - it was little more than a lot of screen prints with a line of text for almost each screen - but it helped. I have since made it a little more useful. In all this time, the consultant, their colleagues, and we ourselves have never referred to any part of the process as PPT, PP may be, but mostly as Product Packaging.

Thanks to all,

I could successfully apply Product Packaging on my deployment server.

Thanks
Indrasena Reddy

Hi Indra,

I am also facing the same problem - Unable to Apply PPT.

Can you update the solution here.

Thanks in Advance
Vivek Jain

Back