UBE's Suddenly go in Waiting status , Normal after Service Bounce

Joel

Well Known Member
UBE\'s Suddenly go in Waiting status , Normal after Service Bounce

Hi List,

We are on ERP -> 8.10 and SP 8.93.P1.
All of a sudden we are experiencing problems on our Windows ES in terms of UBE's going into wait status. On bouncing the PSFT services the jobs get processed successfully. However after a time gap of 2-3 hours, the jobs again go into Wait status.

Re: UBE\'s Suddenly go in Waiting status , Normal after Service Bounce

Joel,

When this happens there may be an issue with your Queue kernel on the Enterprise server. I would use the SAW to find out the process ID for your Queue kernel(s) (You can also do a text search on your log directory for the word Queue). Then go to your log directory and look at the log for that PID. I have seen this happen if the Enterprise server loses contact with the database. I have also seen this happen for no logical reason.

To get the batch jobs running again kill the PID for the Queue kernel(s). Then submit a report (Any report). This will cause the Queue kernel to be restarted, and your batch jobs should start running again.

Hi Paul,
We tried the above steps and Yes they work - Thanks !! .. however as i said that after a time lapse of 2-3 hours the problem re surfaces.

What changed? If things are working and then stop working something changed in the system.

[ QUOTE ]

All of a sudden ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Joel,

I'm hoping the answer to your problems is in the logs on the enterprise server, probably the one for the Queue kernel. If you E-mail the logs, or post them I would be happy to look at them.

I am not too familiar with the Windows side of an ES, but I had seen something similar to this with the iSeries side, and it was because locks were not being released on certain files - primarily the security ones.

The file would eventually have too many locks on it and UBEs would either crawl or just hang. I would have to kill the security kernel that was not relieving the locks to fix it. This was on Xe though - we upgraded to 8.10 and I haven't seen it happen again - yet!

Not sure if that's it though.
crazy.gif

I would look into the possibility that there is a machine that is using a different service pack level then the one currently being used in your environment. UBE's will often go into a WAIT status when there is a service pack mismatch.

Hi List,
Well if something changed Hmnnn... I had a package deployment a day before. Now just as a client package in which the final step is Configuring ODBC, i'm not sure if a server package does the same ??? The package got installed successfull and there were no ODBC changes. so i guess nothing changed.

To Paul, i found this in the Logs of Queue Kernel

======================
ODB0000163 - wSQLPrepare failure. rc=-1

1192/3420 Tue Nov 08 09:27:07.272 jdbodbc.C7310
ODB0000164 - STMT:00 [HY000][-519] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0519 - Prepared statement STMT0002 in use.

1192/3420 Tue Nov 08 09:27:07.303 JDB_DRVM.C942
JDB9900401 - Failed to execute db request

1192/3420 Tue Nov 08 09:27:07.335 queueknl.c847
QUEUE00600040-Failed to SelectKeyed for F986110

===================================

Looks like we are having issues with the select statement, but its only for this Application server.

Hey AS/400 guys, is this one of those times where he needs to clears SQL Packages?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi List,
Well if something changed Hmnnn... I had a package deployment a day before. Now just as a client package in which the final step is Configuring ODBC, i'm not sure if a server package does the same ??? The package got installed successfull and there were no ODBC changes. so i guess nothing changed.

To Paul, i found this in the Logs of Queue Kernel

======================
ODB0000163 - wSQLPrepare failure. rc=-1

1192/3420 Tue Nov 08 09:27:07.272 jdbodbc.C7310
ODB0000164 - STMT:00 [HY000][-519] [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0519 - Prepared statement STMT0002 in use.

1192/3420 Tue Nov 08 09:27:07.303 JDB_DRVM.C942
JDB9900401 - Failed to execute db request

1192/3420 Tue Nov 08 09:27:07.335 queueknl.c847
QUEUE00600040-Failed to SelectKeyed for F986110

===================================

Looks like we are having issues with the select statement, but its only for this Application server.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its always a good time to clear SQLPKG's!
wink.gif

Seriously though, I would definitely give that a shot. I would also look into what level of iSeries Access you are at.

Well, This problem is with only One Application server. All the other application server and ES are working fine. Moreover sqlpackages are for I series and this is an NT machine.

Back