• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Security Kernels not responding

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
We had an incident over the weekend where the security kernels seemed to stop responding, but were not shown as 'Zombie/Stopped'.

The symptoms were reported as UBE's in 'Waiting' status, and I had all kinds of messages in my we logs about 'Security System Failure', just a generic message.

When I investigated I had 6 security kernels running, the logs were normal, just the duplicate key on F9312.

I had to kill all the kernels and when the new ones started, all was well.

I did find this in two JDENET_N logs:

1955/12 MAIN_THREAD Fri Nov 2 17:40:52.479432 netflow.c1032
1955 (pid) in routeOutgoingQueue(), unable to send message: sd=5, msgId=1, msgHost=172.16.12.62, msgPort=6016, sendingHost=172.16.1

The sd= was different but the time was about the same.

When I checked support the above message it seemed to point to RTE, which we don't use.

Any ideas what the issue might have been? I'm loath to open a JDE Ticket as I cycled JDE services on Sunday morning, 'just in case' and finding the 80 kernel logs in my 100K+ logs is too damn hard.

Tom

brother_of_karamazov

Legendary Poster
Daylight Savings Time issue?

I recall having some issues around this in years past.

We had an incident over the weekend where the security kernels seemed to stop responding, but were not shown as 'Zombie/Stopped'.

The symptoms were reported as UBE's in 'Waiting' status, and I had all kinds of messages in my we logs about 'Security System Failure', just a generic message.

When I investigated I had 6 security kernels running, the logs were normal, just the duplicate key on F9312.

I had to kill all the kernels and when the new ones started, all was well.

I did find this in two JDENET_N logs:

1955/12 MAIN_THREAD Fri Nov 2 17:40:52.479432 netflow.c1032
1955 (pid) in routeOutgoingQueue(), unable to send message: sd=5, msgId=1, msgHost=172.16.12.62, msgPort=6016, sendingHost=172.16.1

The sd= was different but the time was about the same.

When I checked support the above message it seemed to point to RTE, which we don't use.

Any ideas what the issue might have been? I'm loath to open a JDE Ticket as I cycled JDE services on Sunday morning, 'just in case' and finding the 80 kernel logs in my 100K+ logs is too damn hard.

Tom

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
Well Duh! I forgot I had multiples in my sig, sorry. This is 9.1 Tools 9.1.5.3. I am not using LDAP.

We use GMT, so don't have to deal with time changes, one of the few good things about a global install