UBE SQL

jfaks

God mornin
I've been asked to give a unix/oracle consultant the SQL statements that a ube produces. I know i can get them in the jdedebug.log if i run the ube i debug mode but is there any other way??
the debug log is usually very long and contains a lot of informatiuon that i don't wany or need so an alternative would be great, or if there is a way to print only the SQL statements and supress the rest

Daniel Fronda

Hi,

You can use the tool for filtering out the statements you don't need. Goto http://www.aellius.com/navigateto.aspx?page=debuglogtool and download the debuglog tool. By clicking on the call stack option you will get all the SQL statements and the BSFN called by the UBE.
Hope this helps,
Sriram.
JDE Product Certified Professional
SNB Services Inc
OneWorld XE SP20, AS/400, Websphere.

Daniel,

The Oracle consultant should be able to find an offending (resource consuming) SQL statement on his own without asking for help from the CNC.

Below is a primitive SQL script we use to identify sql statements that exceed 'x' number of DISK I-O's or or is executed more than 'y' times. If he's an Oracle DBA he should be able to do this . . .

set pagesize 5000
set linesize 2048;

select disk_reads, executions, sorts, rows_processed, substr(sql_text,1,80) as "SQL", substr(sql_text,81,80), substr(sql_text,161,80), substr(sql_text,241,80), substr(sql_text,321,80),
substr(sql_text,401,80), substr(sql_text,481,80), substr(sql_text,561,80), substr(sql_text,641,80),
substr(sql_text,721,80), substr(sql_text,801,80), substr(sql_text,881,80), substr(sql_text,961,80)
from v$sqlarea where disk_reads > 10000 OR EXECUTIONS > 5000
order by disk_reads desc;

Back