UBE Section Skipped When Called from Application

glm0318

Good afternoon everyone -
I have a strange situation here that would welcome any help you can give.

I have a custom UBE that has 2 sections - we will call it section A and section B. When I run this UBE via Batch Version, I can see both sections working and produces the result as expected. However, when I call this UBE from an application, section A is ignored and only section B is executed. I have checked the jde.log and do not see any error. Please help!

Thanks - Geri

Geri,

Please provide some additional information about the sections.

Is section A or B conditional ? Are they regular group/columnar sections or is one of them a level break section within the other ? When you call the UBE from the application are you passing some values which are used as data selection in the called section ?

Regards,

Shailesh

Shailesh,

A and B are both regular group sections with section B executing after A is completed. Section A has its own view and Section B also has its own view attached.

When the application calls this version, (in Debug) I can see the RI value that is passed and this matches the value when I run it in Batch Version. Do you think I need to redo the data selection for the section that it is skipping?

I hope I have provided enough information for you to help me with this issue. If not, let me know. Thanks for your help.

Geri

1 when you said than BV use two section and ube call only one, do iou use exactly the same version for the launch ?
2 Have you tried to suppress the ube call and regenrate it. If so, do you have the same trouble ?
3 Have you make a local debug with the debug application to see if the section is really no functionnal. If so what's the result.

Serge -

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I am using the same version in BV and application.

2. I have tried disabling the original CALL UBE in the application and added a new CALL UBE to it. I even added a call to another unrelated UBE to make sure that the new codes are working. Unfortunately, I still exeperience the same trouble.

3. When I first started troubleshooting this problem, I mapped this UBE to run locally and started the debugger. I placed breaks in the initialize portion of Section A. When the UBE ran, it did not stop in Section A at all. It did stop in section B and I can see the values that are being passed. Is there a different way to test the functionality of Section A other than what I have done? Please let me know.

Appreciate your help in this matter.

Geri

Just as a test, make section B conditional and call it from the End Section event of section A. What happens in such a case ?

Hi Geri,

Can you check the following

1) Check for Set User selection statements in the initialise event of section A. If any, then findout whether these statements are executing or failing?

2) Check your Business view table whether it has the records that meet your data selection.

3) For a trail, re - assign your section A business view once.

4) Check your UBE datastructure generated. If not generate it once. Logoff from JDE and then Try.

Please check the above.

Hi Geri,

If I understand you correctly, Section A is NOT a conditional one and it has executable ER line(s) in the Initialize Section and when you place break point there, the debugger do not stop there - am I right?

Some questions:
Q1.) Is there any other section before Section A (e.g. at least a Page or Report Header)?
Q2.) Do you use Stop system function in your UBE (Event, Section, Batch Processing)?
Q3.) Have you ever modified the RI data structure of the UBE, by deleting already existing member or inserting new member between already existing members? (this can cause severe and mystic problems)
Q4.) Do you call any section in the UBE via DoCustomSection? If yes, are they all really CONDITIONAL?

Finally a shot in the dark:
Just for a test, place a dummy, invisible section before Section A wich has no layout, ER and view. Please, let us know its result.

Good luck & Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Gov,

[ QUOTE ]
4) Check your UBE datastructure generated. If not generate it once.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you check the generation and generate the datastructure of an UBE or APPL?
It is really new for me (at least up to B9)?

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan:

You are right on target with your assumptions. I placed a break on the page header and the debugger stopped there as designed. At this point, I expected it to stop at the next break which I had placed in the initialize section of section A. Section A is the first section of this report after the page header.

I did not use and Stop system function and I have not modified the RI, or delete or insert any new member in this report.

I will add the "dummy" section per your suggestion and will also re-assign the business view per Gov's suggestion.

Wish me luck!

Again, thanks for your suggestions.

- Geri

IT FINALLY WORKS!! YEAH!
cool.gif

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to thank all of you for helping me with this issue. The additional dummy section and re-assigning of the business view seem to do the trick. It still blows my mind how "not actually changing" anything causes the system to work right. I guess some may call this job security!

Anyway, appreciate all the help you've all given to me.

Back