UBE queues on Unix

kieranm

Hi everyone
I want to change some of the multi-threaded UBE queues on our system to single thread, but I am unfamilar with the Unix side (I have done this before on AS/400 and NT sites).

From what I understand looking at the files, the config is kept in the RunOneWorld.sh file in 2 places:-

OWUSR="xxxxx"
OWPWD="xxxxx"
OWENV="PD7333"
OWQUE1="QB7333"
OWQUE2="QB7333"
OWQUE3="QSINGLE"
OWQUE4="QSCHED"
OWQUE5="QSCHED"
OWQUE6="QSCHED"

etc

And further down:-

echo " Starting OneWorld batch queues..." >> $LOGFILE
$SYSTEM/bin32/runque.sh $OWUSR $OWPWD $OWENV $OWQUE1 UBE 2 > $EVRHOME/log/ubeque1.log 2>&1 &
$SYSTEM/bin32/runque.sh $OWUSR $OWPWD $OWENV $OWQUE2 UBE 2 > $EVRHOME/log/ubeque2.log 2>&1 &
$SYSTEM/bin32/runque.sh $OWUSR $OWPWD $OWENV $OWQUE3 UBE 2 > $EVRHOME/log/ubeque3.log 2>&1 &
$SYSTEM/bin32/runque.sh $OWUSR $OWPWD $OWENV $OWQUE4 UBE 2 > $EVRHOME/log/ubeque4.log 2>&1 &
$SYSTEM/bin32/runque.sh $OWUSR $OWPWD $OWENV $OWQUE5 UBE 2 > $EVRHOME/log/ubeque5.log 2>&1 &
$SYSTEM/bin32/runque.sh $OWUSR $OWPWD $OWENV $OWQUE6 UBE 2 > $EVRHOME/log/ubeque6.log 2>&1 &

etc

Do I remove the appropiate entries from these areas? or is there anything else that is required?

Thanks
Kieran

ERP8, Sp19_E1, Solaris 5.8, Oracle 8.1.7.3

You found them correctly, but I'd say your issue is not that there are multi-threaded queues running on your system, but that the jobs get into multi-threaded queues, when you want them to execute in single-threaded ones.

If you agree, then the solution would be to change the queue overrides in Versions or re-assign the default queue to the users, not to delete the existing queues from the server.

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/index.htm

Kieran,

1. I agree with Alex's post completely.

2. If you must eliminate multi-threaded queues then you should also change EndOneWorld.sh

Regards,

Agreed. They were under the impression that the queue in question was single threaded and wondered why they were getting so many problems. Since the intention was always to use the queue as a single threaded one, thats what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks
Kieran

Back