Massive problems with database locks / zombies

Performance is not an issue, and neither is defragging indexes. Or disk drives.

Hi,

we have been able to fix some of our problems. As always when it is really a nightmare it is/was a mix of several things. First of all we have a mixed situation with unicode and non unicode databases - unfortunately with a misconfiguration for Data Sources in JDE we had also a "mixed" database. That can be solved by using the SQL Native Client and let it translate.
Another problem was - wrong ODBC. You should not just copy the old ODBC settings via exporting/importing registry keys and than not do a clean-up. Furthermore just exporting and importing the "old" database and convert it is also not enough - you should really check permissions for all "JDE" users (incl. JDE :)). The users are copied but there is nothing enabled.
But we still have got one big problem: timeout. We are running on OAS 10 and Tools Release 8.96F1 - we have timeout problems on our webs and I know that the jas.ini and http server timeout should get a greater value than ... mmhh. Here is my problem - where do I have to define what. Our production needs (grrr) a timeout of 2 hours. So is there anybod y who can explain me how to get this realized without creating locks on the database?

I hope that we will never get such a "go live" again ... almost no sleep since three weeks ... grrr

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Als antwoord op:</font><hr />
Hi,

I added them myself as a result of seeing the solution id I mentioned earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi Terry

Any idea what the settings mean? The solution ID cannot be found anymore, it seems...
frown.gif

Back