Ube error while executing on server

Chapulin

I have a report that while it runs on the server it just stops and finished with an Error in the Work Submitted Jobs table.

The only clue I have is in jde.log and is the following message:

"INFO: Done setting IPC Handle State structures to abandoned. Process exiting."

I also analized the jdedebug.log and has no error information at all.

Thanks a lot!!
Julian

The next time you run the report, turn on logging for it. You can do this by clicking on the "Advanced" button in the row exit after selecting the version you want to run. Change the UBE logging level to 6. Then click on OK and submit the job.

Also, does this report complete successfully when run locally?

Dan

I run it with both Logging levels 0 and 6.. in both it finishes with an Error.

I looked at the jdedebug.log and there is no Error message.. the execution steps go just perfect and suddenly it just stops before analizing a Level break section.

A curious thing is that if I set one of the PO to a constant value (not Blank) the execution works fine. When I define a value in that PO it finishes with the error I mentioned before. I say this is curious because every human being would look at how can this PO affect in the ER logic of the report... but there shouldn't be any difference!!
That PO is almost irrelevant in the report.

Another important tip:
If I run it locally it always runs OK, no matter what values you put in the PO.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Just a couple of things to try on the server. Try building an update package with the PO Template, the version and the report template. See if that helps...something in the tam specs may be corrupted. I've had this happen to me before and this fixed it. No guarantees but it might be easier than troubleshooting with the lack of information you have.

Hi Julian,

Had been the PO template of the UBE modified/extended and did you run the "old" versions, created prior PO modifications?

Does the error occur running brand newly created versions too?

Good luck,

Zoltán

I tried both things.. installing the upgrade package and also creating new versions..
in both cases the result keeps the same..
another thing I discovered is that with some values in the PO it works fine also, so I thing the problem should be in the way it runs dependening on that value..
the only difference maybe that depending on the value of the PO it performs less "Suppress Section Write" and "Stop Event Processing" or more...
is there any advice of the use of this System Functions?
It's possible to have a problem there?

Try running it with UBE trace & logging turned on, and instead of checking your jdedebug.log file, go to WSJ, highlight the job, and click "View Logs" in the exit bar. I did this when I had a problem, and it gave me better messages.

Yes Jeremy, that's what I'm doing.. if you click in View Logs you have 2 options.. JDE.LOG and JDEDEBUG.LOG. Those are the two files I'm analizing.. but in every run when it fails they both look the same.

JDE.LOG shows the error I mentioned in the first message.
JDEDEBUG.LOG shows no error.. it shows all the detailed steps of the execution and suddenly... nothing more.. but no error message.. till that momento the running is perfect..

Julian,

I am joining this a bit late, but we had a very similar problem in our Thailand plant. I won't get into details about their logic server they've invloved into the picture but the two area's that I would check out are:

1 - If your enterprise server is an iSeries, then delete the UBE's SQLPKG in the system library (on the enterprise server) and rerun it. Each UBE creates a SQLPKG with the name of the report and it is normally stored in the system library (B733*SYS or E81*SYS).

2 - For any enterprise server; does this report call any BSFN's? For some reason, the plant I was working with had a BSFN mapped to run not on the Enterprise Server, but locally? This works great when a user kicks it off locally, but when it was submitted to the server it would fail. Check both the SYS & SVM OCM settings for any BSFN this might call. (WOW, that sentence had a lot of acronyms in it).

Good Luck,

Kristian

Maybe print out all of the ER and attach it to the issue. Sounds like it could be the function not set up to run on Server or some other problem with ER.

Hi Julian

Did you ever get a satisfactory answer to this problem? I am getting an identical error and wondered if you made any progress.

Thanks
John
Unix/Oracle/E810/8.94_J1

hi guys,

why not try use the overrides, submit the version spec on the server first and then try running it on the server.

I think it got to do with the PO tam specs on the server.

Freddy

Back