UBE ended in error

gary4444

Hi, I recently found that there are UBE jobs which were submitted to run in server, were ended in error. The log didn't show anything special. It seems the job didn't started at all. Among different UBEs, the program R09801 journal posting happened most frequently.

Since we are using EO 8.9 unicode running on Unix box and Oracle 9i, I don't know whether this is due to the O/S or any other reasons.

Anyone got ideas?

Is it a specific user that is calling the jobs that fail? What if you submit the job via runube on the enterprise server? What does the UBE Kernel log look like on the enterprise server?

Hi Garry444

We experienced something similar. Not all the UBE's end the error just some of them but in particular R09801. We are running on E1 8.9 HP9000 Unix Oracle 9i.

Maybe you can try the following.....

8.9 uses the /tmp directory by default to generate the adobe acrobat file as you report is running. When the report is complete, it moves the pdf from /tmp to the printqueue directory.
In our case, our /tmp space was set for 200mb. We increased TEMP to 1GB and that seemed to resolve the issue, but we have other applications that utilize temp. We run 5 variations of the R09801 and with each one could generate between 200-500 in size. the R09801 was generating at least 600mb file size so it will fill up and the following versionof the R09801 would fail.

The good news is you do not have to use /tmp space, you can change the location where these files generate by defining in the .oneworld profile with the following parameter:

export temp=/the/path/ofyour/files

also put the TEMP variable in the .profile of the user that runs you jdeservices on the unix server.

Recycle your services.

A good way to test is to run a job and terminate it while it is running, you should see the acrobat file sitting in the location you defined as TEMP.

Please note, that the /tmp or any other location where these files reside, you have to clean it manually or create a shell script to run on a schedule using crontab to clean regularly.

If the job runs successful, you will not see any files in the location.

Hopefully your issue is not beyond this.
Goodluck!
Nyasha

Back