Trying to limit R13800 processing time

davidm

Hi everyone.

We run the R13800 as a sleeper job at night and the processing time is hitting about 3 1/2-4 hours some nights.
I have looked at the business view (V4801AC) but there doesn't appear to be anything useful to data select on to reduce processing time.
There is only one set selection in the Event Rules but I'm hoping for more.
I realize that the app is fetching from some pretty large tables (F0911, F0618, F4111 mostly) and the only solution might be to archive. We have about 6 years of data in the system but have to defer archiving till after we upgrade to 9.0.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

David
E1 8.10 8.96 D1
MS 2000 platform

Hi David,

We've recently had the same problem. The R13800 was running for a couple of hours every night. What we did was to modify the report to run over only those service work orders that had been updated that day and only those where the R13800 hadn't already run over the order.

We don't archive any data but that could be an alternate solution.

Hope this helps.

Zoe

Thanks Zoe.

I'm going to compromise on your solution and evaluate records that are 1) older than a week and 2) meet the initial criteria.
Sometimes our IT dept forgets to restart the sleeper jobs after a package build or other server jarring thing and I don't catch the problem for a day or two. Allowing a week ensures everything that needs to be evaluated will be.

Thanks bud.

David

I think using cache Business function to read tables that it can inprove report processing time. check any ESU/SAR avilable to read tables and apply to your report.

Thanks
Bhushan

Back