transfer orders (ST/OT)

cschwobe

Hi

Can anyone tell me if we can automaticallly create transfer orders from responding to DRP messages. We basically need the OT in the receiving branch plant and ST in the shipping branch plant. I know that if we enter a ST order out of sales it will automatically create the OT but can we go the other way?

Carol:
Yes. If you process the OT message you will firm the OT in the ordering branch plant and firm an ST in the shipping branch plant.

Mike Skibyak

I did a simple test or 2 -- if I understand correctly, you want to answer the message, change the doc type to OT and have that process create an ST order.
I tried (1) by only changing the doc type and (2) by changing the P4310 version to the transfer order version. The orders were then created as I exited the P3411. In neither case was an ST created.

Rob:
You are correct. The message needs to be created with a doc type of OT to create the ST. You would think that changing the doc type from OP to OT would work the same way. For some reason, it does not.

If you have OP doc types for interplant materials, creating a Branch Relationship will create OTs after your next MRP run. When viewing the MRP Messages, you select the message, click Process Messages, and an OT is firmed in the demand plant and an ST should be firmed in the supplying plant.

After the OT is firmed, it can be modified for date, quantity, etc. using the Purchase Order icon in Supply and Demand, if necessary.

If you have any problems or questions, you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will try to help.

You will also need to set up the AAIs to handle the Financials. Sef posted the information for this on 1/16/02 under the One World / XE list. The subject was ST/OT For Multiple Customers.

Mike Skibyak

Back