To specify JDE security table and libraries in JDE World env

worldsat

We have 2 servers one for Development/Acceptance (D/A) and another for Production (P) which were partitioned recently. Earlier when all 3 D/A/P environments were in one server, the program (J56JDE) uses our customized J98INITA and used to pick the PRD security library. As all D/A/P security libaries were in 1 server then, there used be no problem.

However, now the partition has made the PRD security library not to be available for DEV/Acc environments.

So in Dev/Acc environemnts, how can we point to the correct security libraries.
Will removing the customised J98INITA and using the standard J98INITA work in this scenario?
I tried changing the security library in QJDF data area in Software Data File Library at position 181 but got login issues.

Kindly suggest the best possible solution/workaround for this.
Thank you.
Tom

Havent anybody out there encountered or worked on this issue.
I am thinking of customizing the J98INITA program.
If any other suggestions, please do let me know.

Tom.

Hi Worldsat

Without knowing how you intent to modify J98INITA it is impossible to say if this is a good idea or not.

What is clear from your first comment is that if you have moved security libraries to different LPARS or even physical servers you will not be able to point to them, whatever you do to J98INITA. The normal way to do this is to have multiple F0092/F0093/F0094 tables with different profiles for each “environment”.

If you move them back, yes you can do this but you need to be careful and there must have been a reason why they were removed from the partition in the first place.

We produced our multiple roles software exactly for this purpose, so that you can define security within a group profile (role) and when the user selects that role they adopt that authority and no more. Hence no need to have multiple security tables in different environments.

Leith,

Earlier, as I mentioned, when all Dev, Acc & PRD environemnts were all on one server, the J98INITA was customised to pick PRD security library. So we could see F0092 being picked form PRD Sec Library.

Now that PRD is placed on another server, I need environment based SEC library to be picked. Like, if we login to Dev environemnt, then DEV F0092 to be picked and if we login to Acc, F0092 from Acc Sec library to be picked.

To achieve this,
1. I did modify the QJDF data area.
Changed the PRD Sec library to Dev Sec Library under 'Software Data File Library' in QJDF data area.
This does not work as we get login issues after the change.

2. Wish to modify J98INITA, the same way as they did modify earlier to pick PRD Sec library.
However, there are so many programs inside this which also needs to be modified or to be touched.
I dont have the source for J98INITA where I could see what modification they did earlier.

Even Oracle suggested to go for modification.
Also would like to know, why it doesnt work if I replace customized J98INITA with standard JDE J98INITA.

Kindly suggest.
Tom.

If you want to sign in to multiple security libraries from a single JDE userprofile you will need to modify the users initial program. This could be either J98INIT or J98INITA depending on whether the library list declaration is coming from the users F0092 or F0093 record.

We cannot really advise on how to do that because you would be creating an additional step for your users to select an environment outside JDE. This is different to the library list selector that JDE has, based on the F0093, F0094 and F00944 tables which all reside in the same security library.

You either need to find out how the programs were modified previously or design a new solution that meets your requirements.

Regards
Leith

Thank you Leith.
ok, will go about customizing the J98INITA program.
As earlier it was customized to pick PRD Security library, I will try to customize it to pick the security library from library list in whatever environment the user is logged in. If anyone has ever done this, kindly suggest.

Wonder why when used the standard JDE J98INITA program, the security library doesnt get picked up from current environment library list.

Can you create DDM files on your development LPAR and point them to the "Real" security files on your other LPAR?

Hi,
Cannot create DDM files.
Basically, I need to point the files to be picked from Development Security library when logged in Development.
Find attached the Display Open Files list and as you can see F0092 is getting picked from Production SEC library due to the customized J98INITA whereas all other files are from Development SEC library & Development COM library.
I want to modify J98INITA so that F0092 is pointed to DEVSEC.

Any other suggestions, please share.
Thank you all for your suggestions on this.

Tom.

Attachments

• 177921-Display Files.doc
    44 KB · Views: 148
Back